Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SplashMan said:
Honestly a person can have a blast on the green and the creek all day with a noon break and some playing in the quarry. :thumbsup:

Agreed. I'll step to the plate. I voted for attica but didn't care to read the portion saying "only vote if you plan on attending" So I'm guilt of that infraction. I've been looking at crap trucks this summer, but chose the route of grad school. So for the time being, unless brian has an open seat

That and as of now I'm leaving for yellowstone that weekend. But those dates still might change, so brian I might holler your way still...

Hope the run turns out well.. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

pink... that's right! see? I have not been there in a while... got to refresh my memory a bit. Blue trail was the easiest as far as I can remember... and yet, that famous "Drowned Jeep" happened right on the blue trail... if you remember Brian???

plenty of places to have fun even for stockers
:D

So how many trails are there at Badlands actually?

Sounds liek 3 or 4 to me. Do we have any pictures that show the difficulty of each type of trail?

we've got plenty of pictures and even movies... but it's a lot and it's pretty hard to see how difficult those trails are... you've got to be there. Don't worry... quarry is fine to play for a while... green is OK if you run with someone that knows the trail... there are a few favourite spots we used to visit every time... quarry, tubes, send dunes, mud pit in the woods... here is one of the pictures taken of me going through the tubes:
496011.jpg

Pedro, don't you miss it?
496AT0110-med.jpg

How about you riffman?
49600002-med.jpg

Rick?
496000091-med.jpg

Matt?
496M12.jpg

Cameron?
496AT004.jpg

Dave?
496AT054.jpg

It's 880 acres of OPEN park. You are not restrected to any of it. The green trail is probably close to 5 miles long from beginning to end. It winds all the way through the park. You can make it as hard as you want or as easy as you want. You can follow me through the pink trail and it will take the better part of a day if you want to hit all the hard stuff.

You won't be dissappointed. They run one leg of the EUROC competition in the quarry. It aired on SPEED channel last year if you want an accurate view of how hard it can be.

Brian?
4960051.jpg

I could just go on and on like that... John, Todd, Austin, Danny... got plenty of pictures on the hard disk... not enought time. You've got to be there to see and experiance for yourself.

OH i will be there. I just havent seen anything too challenging that is conquerable with IFS. I know better than to try and crawl boulders that buggies play on and the rest looks to be fairly easy with some mud holes. I was just trying to get a better feel for it that what i have seen. FYI my group better run some of the hardest stuff in the park although i do want to play int eh water some, not the much, the water.

I voted

But since then I have moved to Virginia and will be attending the Crozet run. I would like to do this one as well, but don't know if I'll be able to afford both runs.

i havent signed up yet because like many others its a ways away yet... i already have a fund started for the trip so that shouldnt be a problem, but my big concern is a truck and tralier to get it down there and back... im afriad of driving it down there if i have to depend on driving it home.

rick, are you going to have stickers and t shirts down there for sale, because if you do i am deff interested

Dre said:

Yes, i beleive that IS rick. He has been there i know.

Damn...the tubes looked ALOT different a couple months ago lol!

yes... I know it's Rick... I was there with him that time... as you'll go through my picture posts you'll see that question mark next to the name was actually addressed to the guys in the pictures...

tubes? last time I was there I didn't even try running tubes. There was a lot of water there last year... this year??? there's probably none!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back