Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said in the email I will know for sure this weekend. Its looking pretty possitive that I can show up Friday, then I gotta go do the family thing. I will post up 100% this friday night if I can make it.

If I can, I can lead most of the trails out there and show someone around so you have leaders on sat and sunday. I probably won't run the pink but I can ride with someone and show them the way. But I'll do the green, blue, orange... whatever you guys want. They are a little better marked than they were in the past.

Buckshot and Dman should both know the green and how to get to the quary.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RFR2212 said:
Sneak peak at a REAL truck ;) It looks good, then you hear it run...

you saying it runs like crap?

I'm still coming :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: without my rig :( I'll be sure to take LOTS of pictures though. :thumbsup:

Like I said a while ago in this thread, I will be flying in Friday afternoon and flying out Monday evening.

well rins like crap in the sense it's carbed and has a crappy sounding exhaust... it should do okay for 10-15 minutes ;)

mine runs great. Its the tranny thats pissing me off.

Rick,

I posted a few pages back that I couldn't make it, and I also sent you a PM about it after you sent out the last mailing. My wedding in July has taking up too much cash for me to go. :(

cableguy said:
How many replies did you get? Only a week and a half away, just trying to make up my mind.

This post leaves the impression that you're just going to attend based on who else is coming. Maybe others are also doing the same thing and waiting to decide based on whether you are coming or not :rolleyes:

If you have given Rick the impression that he could depend on you to help with the run, maybe that should also enter in as a deciding factor for you on whether to attend. :p

GJarrett said:
This post leaves the impression that you're just going to attend based on who else is coming. Maybe others are also doing the same thing and waiting to decide based on whether you are coming or not :rolleyes:

If you have given Rick the impression that he could depend on you to help with the run, maybe that should also enter in as a deciding factor for you on whether to attend. :p

I'm not going to feel guilty when I don't go, if that's what your implying. I signed up when the other 37 people signed up in hopes that it would be a good turnout. I completely understand gas prices, tranny problems, or whatever. I have another baby due in september and my runs are limited. I've only been over to attica (30 whole miles) once this year due to finances. I have to pick and choose my runs this year. I would have skipped one of my other runs to make this one if it would have turned out better.

I had figured close to 200$ for this run and I live 30 miles away. That's not including the night run, or any breakage. That's why I understand that so many people canceled who live so far away.

Anyway, I'm still thinking. Jury is still out.

Actually you signed up before most of those 37 others... you were far from last on the list. But you do what you have to do...

Shortly before that we also had a poll to see where you were going to have the runs at and there was an overwhelming respone to this run. Far more than 11 people.

Personally I could care less if I was there with 1 other person... It's all about the wheelin' and the company you're with.

Rick said:
Personally I could care less if I was there with 1 other person... It's all about the wheelin' and the company you're with.

Wow, Rick and I agree on something... :D :D

It'll be a blast, as always. Small groups are generally as much fun as large ones -- everyone gets to be in the same group. I've had the best time with just 3. Lots of time to play and take pics of stupid stuff.

taxx said:
Buckshot and Dman should both know the green and how to get to the quary.

yep, i know green , quary, sand dunes, creek, and part of orange real well, i could def lead the smaller trucks if need be.....i know arnie knowes thoes trails well too :D

dman726749 said:
yep, i know green , quary, sand dunes, creek, and part of orange real well, i could def lead the smaller trucks if need be.....i know arnie knowes thoes trails well too :D

Good deal. We should be in good shape :thumbsup:

Guy what matters is that we agree on the important stuff... Wheelin' ;)

Rick said:
Good deal. We should be in good shape :thumbsup:

Guy what matters is that we agree on the important stuff... Wheelin' ;)

Rick,

You know I love ya man... you're counted as one of my friends. Politics and religion aside, -- and we can agree to disagree on lots of stuff and still be cool. That's what makes the world go 'round! I wouldn't be able to be smug about so much stuff if the party of my choice wasn't wooping the party of yours... :D

C ya on the trails. Looking forward to seeing the Pumkin work in some Eastern conditions. If the Badlands don't do it for ya, we have a few other places to get bent up.

Attachments

• 2270waterline.jpg
    2270waterline.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 193
  • Jack's Jeep Roll.jpg
    Jack's Jeep Roll.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 192

wow nice pic im strictly gonna get to see what mine will do. it will only be the second time that it is gettin wheeled good

glfredrick said:
If the Badlands don't do it for ya, we have a few other places to get bent up.

That looks like the same spot riffman layed his over at Badlands. I was there for that one.

attica_riffsmile.jpg

attica_riffbottom.jpg

attica_rifftire.jpg

attica_pumpkin_mud.jpg

Geez, I until I looked at the old Attica thread I thought it had only been 3 or 4 years since I had been back East, but it's been 5:eek: How time flies :eek:

that looks like some of the trails from down here. i might feel at home

Please forgive me if I don't recognize some of the guys I met the first time I was at the Badlands... I've met at least a couple hundred Explorer owners since then and after awile everything just blends together... Old age will do that to ya:D

I should recoginze Pete though. He has been flipping off everyone on the site for the past few years ;)

image.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

taxx said:
mine runs great. Its the tranny thats pissing me off.

If ya give me a ride up there.,..i'll help ya push it :D haha is the tranny still now working right? I thought you got a new one?

I won't be able to get my explorer up there but I may drive up and bum rides of yall :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back