• Register Today It's free!

Bag my Explorer?

loweder

Reaction score
City, State
Toms River, NewJersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 X Sport
Hey all. I have a question that I hope you guys can help me out with. I really appreciate any serious advice you can give. I have a 1998 explorer sport 4x4. I have invested a lot of time and money into it so far. My next step, and I can see that most of you like to lift your rides so please don't hate, is to bag and slam my ride for show. However, with the four-wheel drive in front, it is impossible to mount bags to the front end. The rear, of course, is no problem. Can anyone tell me if they ever heard of a 4x4 explorer bagged? Should I swap front ends to a 2wd? Is there a setup out there I haven't seen yet? Any advice or knowledge you can give me would be great!! Thanks to all who help!! -Steve

You can bag a 4wd front. It has been done before by expo5.0 (Drew) on this site. Try searching around the site for more info on that. Don't expect to go super low though. He went too low and blew up his front axle or something. lol You are limited by the angle of the CV shafts in your lowering. If you want to lay frame, then a 2wd front conversion is the only way to go.

Hey man, Thanks a lot for your time and advice, I appreciate it. I will look into expo5.0 for his thoughts on what he did. I wanna get my truck done asap so I can post it and join all you guys on the site. Take care, talk to you later! -Steve

Yep. You can bag a 4wd but you won't be able to lay frame. Your best bet is to convert to 2wd and then you'll be able to go as low as you want!:cool:

Back