parts needed to bag front end of 97 x | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

parts needed to bag front end of 97 x

pimpedout97x

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, Fl.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Eddie Bauer
ok ive been saving to bag my x for some time now. i dont have enough to bag the whole thing yet, so im thinking about doing the front soon, just so i can hava bags. i know the basic parts i need, i need help with all the fittings, etc(smaller things) that i need.

what im about to order for front end:

-2 slam specialties RS62 bags(gonna get RS72 for back in future)
-8 gallon tank(will have 2 when i get the rear bagged)
-Viair 550c(also will have 2 when rear is bagged)
-im getting 8 1/2" valves today for 200 from a friend, not sure on brand, but hes the one installing the bags, he bagged his 97 x, he knows what hes doing so i trust him. but these valves were used on his friends truck for hopping, so im sure there not anything crappy.
-1/2" line. any brands that are better than others? its 1.25 a ft at gaugemagazine.com, and its 0.69 a ft at candospecialties.com

thats pretty much all ive priced together so far, i know theres more i need, thats what u guys are for ;)

now for my last question. i was gonna order the bags from gaugemagazine.com like drew did, but on candospecialties.com, they say that their slam specialty bags are "New and Improved". im not sure if theyre different from the ones on gaugemagazine.com, but can someone help me out on that?

thanks alot to anyone who helps me! (ie, get in here drew :afro: )

Back