• Register Today It's free!

Bank 1&2 Lean

sport01

Reaction score
City, State
Kennewick, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
01Sport
I have Engine Check light on all the time. I got it checked at Autozone and they found Bank 1&2 lean. I have cleaned MAF, checked the obvious hose connections, out premium gas, added Fuel Injector cleaner in the fuel. Nothing changed. This one has 126K miles and I bought it few months ago. The light started coming on about three weeks ago. I have not done any work on this so far. The engine runs good. I am getting little over 12 mpg driving in town . This is 2001 Sport ,4.0l, six cylinder,4WD. Any help?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is that a V6?

Yes. is 4.0L, six

Replacing the intake manifold gaskets will probably fix this. Pay attention to the vacuum hoses as you dig in,looking for cracks and tears. Also, it will help to take a lot of pictures. This way it should go back together pretty quickly for you.

Replacing the IAC valve fixed it for me

There are several threads on the IAC valve

i did all the tests as per stickies also, eventually had to changed out the gaskets, i was getting some funny rpms also when it was cold, of course this didnt happen when it was warm up here, so had to take it in to Ford dealer

Definitely intake gaskets..very common problem

Back