Battery dead keys inside | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Battery dead keys inside

rodger943

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
I have a 2004 mercury mountaineer. The battery is dead and the keys are inside. It has a combination on the door. Can anyone tell me if I can get power to it without opening the hood or how I can open the hood? Is there an emer hood release?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

.........:wavey:....{1st off= WELCOME to the Forum's for here }..........i had run into this situation once with a neighbor's 02' Mountaineer.......lucky for him he had a trailer hitch with the socket_plug for wiring and we basically connected an 6Amp auto charger to the Positive and Negative wires of the plug; which in turn gave enough power to use the keyless remote to work and unlock............then disconnected all and just reconnected the charger up to the battery once gotten open & opened up the hood.............Hopefully, this can give you some HELP/Idea for this same prob you have for here.........

mr. Charles

If there is enough room get under the front end and reach up and grab the hood release cable....If your lucky you can pop the hood and hook up a charger to the batt.....I did this on an Exscursion once.

hook a bat charger up to the starter... should work.

trailer wiring idea is brilliant!

i once jumped my buddies silverado through his tail light with a battery jumper box/ air compressor. i hooked up the cables to a splice i made in the brake light and the frame, and he hit his unlock button to open up the circuit and after a few tries enought juice got through to unlock the doors!
it would have been easier if he had a trailer hookup

welcome

Back