• Register Today It's free!

Battery drain

Oldbadjohn

Reaction score
City, State
Warren Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 ford explorer sport Tr
I have an 02 Explorer Sport Trac with a battery drain issue. I posted on this at another time. I have noticed since first post that the lights on door lock switch stays on all the time. Both driver side and passenger side stay on. According to the diagram there is a brown wire that feeds the power thru fuse 16 and the head light switch. Could the switch be bad ?

I have an 02 Explorer Sport Trac with a battery drain issue. I posted on this at another time. I have noticed since first post that the lights on door lock switch stays on all the time. Both driver side and passenger side stay on. According to the diagram there is a brown wire that feeds the power thru fuse 16 and the head light switch. Could the switch be bad ?
imo it could be the switch grounding out etc. but also chexk the wiring leading to it to make sure its not grounded shorting etc imo

New cars have a constant drain on batteries ecu radio memory and central locking alarms etc . You are lucky to get two years out of a battery. Older cars didn't have this constant low voltage draw. I plugged one of those small solar feed panels into one of my explorer's 12 volt sockets to trickle feed the battery and put it on the dash or seat when car is parked. I store it in seat pouch. This current battery now five years old. Last battery same problem only lasted year and a half .

Back