BBK Super Charger | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BBK Super Charger

Paul, if you could stop by the BBK office that would be great but if it's outta the way no big deal. I don't want it to be a big hassle for ya. As for me and a supercharger, I think it'll offer a good time to rebuild the motor and get some new internals on it. I figure if part of it's apart, might as well fix what I can. XtremeMarine, welcome to the site! I'm sure your mechanical exprience/opinions will be well used and just keep it up. Need any help, someone here can help ya.
Thanks,
Pete

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

KB CARB for 4.0 supercharger

Pulled this from the Extreme Marine post of the Kenne Bell page. Looks like they may be working on something, or do they have a system?- anyone shed any light on this?

D-271-11
----------
12/21/99 Kenne Bell, Inc.
-------------------
Supercharger System
-------------------
TS2000 Series, Ford 5.0/4.0L engines 1991-99 Explorer & 1991-99 Ranger Kit includes a Whipple twin screw supercharger, new intake manifold. 6 psi. kit use a 2.785" diameter supercharger pulley.

Hi Steve,
I saw that set-up also, but as I said about the BBK kit, I haven't talked to or heard of anyone that has used this Blower package. IMO there is no better input than input from experience.

I am still in the infancy of setting a plan for powerplant upgrades. IF (1). I had all the time. (2). unlimited expense account., I would go for the 5.0L EFI with either an ATI Procharger or a WhippleCharger on a nice roller camed, aluminum head motor....

but.. as John Lennon might of said "all you need is"... MONEY !

With more of us looking at this subject, we might find these elusive blower Explorers.

So...any work direct from BBK yet? As I said earlier... truckperformance.com says they have the BBK supercharger... but I havent heard of anybody that acually has it yet. Id kinda like to see if it acually works before I go buy it... of course...Id like to be the only one with it too... so everyone could ooooh and ahhhh at my truck. :)

nick

I'd get it in a heartbeat, if I only had over $3k laying around. hmmm, if the stock market was up I could take some out of that, but I don't want to sell anything when its so low. No money from my parents, either. They think I've put too much money into the truck already. Although I could rag on them how I have a $24k truck with $2500 into it, and they both have luxury cars ;)

Hmm, I'll call BBK and tell them about this forum and tell them if they sponsor me, all you guys will get the supercharger once you see it works;)

[Edited by Alec on 10-16-2000 at 07:21 PM]

Back