Beginner looking for some advice about a 94 Ford Explorer. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Beginner looking for some advice about a 94 Ford Explorer.

Ok so I'm just starting out. Wondering if you can put a 2007-08 V8 in a 1994 explorer?

Also, is there anywhere online i can buy a good looking "body kit" for my explorer? I'm not really into the off-roading scene but more into the "show car" type with power under the hood.

if you really want to do an engine swap, youd be better off doing an explorer swap instead, that is for an explorer with a v8.

But the answer to your question is no. V8 engines were only offered from 1995 and up. There is not enough room under the hood for a V8 in 1991-1994 explorers. This is due to the suspensions. When the V8 was first offered ford scrapped the old twin bean front suspension for a independent suspension to make more room under the hood.

if you really want to do an engine swap, youd be better off doing an explorer swap instead, that is for an explorer with a v8.

But the answer to your question is no. V8 engines were only offered from 1995 and up. There is not enough room under the hood for a V8 in 1991-1994 explorers. This is due to the suspensions. When the V8 was first offered ford scrapped the old twin bean front suspension for a independent suspension to make more room under the hood.

Actually the 5.0 V8 found in 1995-2001 Explorers fits fine. The swap has been discussed and done many, many times on this forum. I suggest using the search tool and get to reading.

A 2007-08 V8 would probably not fit, they are the 4.6, and much physically larger motors. But the good old 5.0 fits and isn't all that hard of a swap in the perspective of things.

And FWIW, the regular independent front suspension came to be in 1995, with the new body style. The 5.0 came in 1996. So the suspension change was not because of a bigger motor, is was simply an update.

do ya'll know about "body kits" not like fast and the furious, but just some strong looking front and rear kits?

Body kits are out there...

Check out Stillen, they have them. As a matter of fact, I have the Sides (Ground FX) that I have never mounted. I lowered it too much, and I can't mount them AND drive the car into my driveway...

Ryan

Back