Best price for Powertrax

nak4af

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Bellevue, Nebraska
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer Sport
Any suggestions for best price for a Powertrax locker. Also, will it work in the front axle as well?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The best price I have seen the 8.8" Powertrax NoSlip for is $409 (add in some magazine). The common asking price is $414 (Summit). As for the front a Powertrax for a Dana 35 will work.

Thanks mrboyle

I read earlier that the Powertrax will not work in the stock limited slip carrier. I've seen that ford has a $75 replacement for the limited slip though. DARN!! and I just put that axle in.

Food for thought...How would my X handle with the factory limited slip in the rear and the Powertrax in the front? Does anyone have this combo? Since I'm getting another third member, it would be the perfect time to install it.

Thanks for the help.

I got my powertrax for about $369 from Randy's Ring and Pinion (they price matched Central 4wd, who had an instant $40 rebate at the time) On Central 4wd's website they do list a Powertrax no-slip for Ford's 8.8 with a 3/4" 31 spline axle Trac-Loc differential.

randy's just quoted me $275 for the no-slip today. hmmm... that's at least $100 less than anything i've seen it close to elsewhere. wonder if the guy i talked to gave me the lockright price by accident...

Unless they had a MAJOR price reduction on the No-Slip, that's the price for the Lock Rite.

yeah.. i'm pretty sure of that too..

now to call back and ask again.

Back