Best rear cargo area protector? Pics Please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best rear cargo area protector? Pics Please

blue88mustang

Reaction score
City, State
Mtn. Time Zone
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 5.0
I am looking to get a cargo protector for the rear of the Ex and I am curious as to what you all have. Pics and links would be appreciated. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check on E-bay. I think there are about three different ones you will find. They have pictures so you can see them.

Thanks, but I have looked there already. I was hoping to get some input as to which brand/type is best to go with.

I see that there is one made by Ford that looks to have a lip that is several inches tall, but I am looking for one that is rugged as well.

I guess I need feedback regarding the quality of the different cargo liners.

Thanks.

13422woofers.jpg

I really like it, its flexible enough that the edges can be compressed when heavy cargo is placed onto, and i've spilled at least 1/2 gallon of water and not had it spill.

Gas, oil, grease sand, trash, you name it, this liner has saved the carpet. When it gets nasty, I powerwash it.

Got it on ebay for less than 30 bucks.

Ford Cargo cover?

Is that the Ford Cargo cover? It looks just like the Ford one that I saw on ebay, except I don't see the Ford insignia on your cargo cover.

Thanks.

The Ford insignia is blocked by the rear lip. It's OEM.

Well not much to look at but here's mine. The other OEM factory stock mat. :)

Attachments

• x trunk container.jpg
    x trunk container.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 300

Any other opinions/comments?

How much do these run from a Ford Dealership?

Originally posted by blue88mustang
Any other opinions/comments?

What other kind of opinions are you lookin' for? Rubber/vinyl will keep slush and crap off... carpet will look factory. The aftermarket ones are usually $75-80 + shipping online so those ones i showed you on eBay are all good deals.

How much do these run from a Ford Dealership?

Not to sound like a jerk, wouldn't this question be answered with a call to your local dealer? I have never priced em so I can't tell ya, but i'm sure the sales desk could hook you up with all the info you want.

I hate my local dealership. I will walk before I will buy parts from them.

Thanks

Originally posted by blue88mustang
I hate my local dealership. I will walk before I will buy parts from them.

Thanks

Well in that case, give Torrie at Ford Parts Network (a sponsor of this site) a call. They run a nice business.

http://www.fordpartsnetwork.com/

i have a husky liner in my 97 and love it

I was in the junk yard and found a catering van that had the entire floor lined with huskey liner type material.
They guy gave it to me for free because I was willing to haul it out of there. Cleaned it up, removed my trim and carpet, cut to fit, couldnt be better.........

Matches my front floor mats too...

I believe this thing started life as a Husky Liner for a Expedition or something HUGEbecause I had to trim about 12" off 3 sides.......

Anyone have a better pic of the Husky liner? That ebay auction just shows the "Nibbed" backing.

I got the oem molded carpet liner from Bones enterprises in atlanta. it was like $47 shipped to my door. quality piece for the price. (2nd ebay link) this item from the dealer will run you about $90 or more.

So which one has better quality, fit, finish, durability, etc? The Ford Cargo liner or the Husky Liner??? (Both with the high sides)

Also there is another type of protector you may consider.
I am not sure who makes it but Joe Deitz has one (search ) in his 93 Eddie Bauer, and it covers EVERYTHING. the backs of the seats, the sides of the cargo area, etc.........Its fabric not like the plastic ones, very durable, great looking and a great fit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back