best shocks for a 5.5 inch lifted 1st gen? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

best shocks for a 5.5 inch lifted 1st gen?

iroczddp

Reaction score
City, State
dallas, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 eddie bauer 4X4
ok i have the junk free shocks i got with the kit abd BOY DO THEY SUCK BALLS.... i was looking at the pro-comp es9000's and the rancho rsx9's or rs 9000's which do u like better... ? i lift pro-comp have the es1000's in the rear... sent them to me by mistake.. but the fronts when they get hot they suck big balls...... i am gonna get them with my tax return so all the help i can get would be great... also what bout the incab rancho system? thanks guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I run the adjustable ranchos and i like them. They allow me the flexibiliy i need for a truck that runs on the road for 95% of the time. Most people have shyed away from the in cab thing because of it's propensity for leaking.

hmm ok... so u have the 9000 series then? or the 5000 series? the ones i have just bite balls and i need some new ones should have ordered good ones when i ordered the kit so 1 for rancho any other takers?

They are the 9000's.

If you are very hard on shocks shouldn't you consider the new ones with the remote oil reservior?

yes if i was hard on them i would get the remote shocks.. but i am not just want a set of adjustable's i am looking at either the rs9000's or the mx6 from pro comp.....hey also zensius what do you have them set at when u are drivin on/ off road?

Back