Best suggestions to improve performance | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best suggestions to improve performance

Ralph R. Brescia

Reaction score
City, State
stuart
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
Hello Ford Forum Members,

My name is Ralph Brescia ... I live in Stuart, Fl. I recently purchased a 2013 Explorer Limited and would like to improve performance - (within reason).

I'm a firm believer in that you get what you pay for and that if something sounds too good to be true it's more than likely just bs! That said, I would like to add a little performance to my 3.5 flex fuel v6 without going crazy with performance exhaust components, ie headers, dynaflow exhaust system, etc.

Thank you. I look forward to being a responsible member.

Best,

Ralph

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your best bet is to go over to the modified section and contact livernois. I don't have any experience with them, but most people say their tune makes a world of difference, even on the naturally aspirated engines.

Hello Ford Forum Members,

My name is Ralph Brescia ... I live in Stuart, Fl. I recently purchased a 2013 Explorer Limited and would like to improve performance - (within reason).

I'm a firm believer in that you get what you pay for and that if something sounds too good to be true it's more than likely just bs! That said, I would like to add a little performance to my 3.5 flex fuel v6 without going crazy with performance exhaust components, ie headers, dynaflow exhaust system, etc.

Thank you. I look forward to being a responsible member.

Best,

Ralph
Welcome to the Forum Ralph.:wave:
Your thread has been moved to this sub forum. From what I gather the best "bang for your buck" may just be the Livernois tune for the N.A. 3.5L engine.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...rnois-only-for-the-n-a-3-5l-explorers.420064/
Adding cold air intakes appears to be a hit/miss option according to many posts unless you add the tune.
Also, it might be a good thing to familiarize your self with the Forum's handy 'Search' feature (upper right) to find specific topics or you can scroll through the threads.
Good luck and all the best of the Season to you and yours.

Peter

Livernois or other reputable tune. By far the most bang for the buck. I've been turning wrenches since the late 60s, In this new age, bolt-ons take a far second place / back seat to the tunes. YMMV.

Thank you for your advise ... this seems to be the general consensus amongst those of you who know what you're talking about ... much appreciated ...

Thank you ... Ralph

Back