Best Window Wind / Rain Deflectors? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best Window Wind / Rain Deflectors?

The only place mine interfered with the rear window was at the front corner. I took a fingernail file and did just a little sanding to round off the corner. No more catching. Have someone put the window up slow while you look at the front edge, and you will see where it binds.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey PunkChild, thanks for the web site tip. Those deflectors look excellent!! I just ordered a new pair for my X!! I am currently using those crappy stick-on kind....they suck! I have had to replace the tape in several different areas despite good preparation.:chug:

I had the GTS stick-on ones on my 95 and loved 'em. Never had any problems w/them coming loose!

Dad put the AutoVentshade Ventvisor's on his '98 Sport 4x4 (which is for sale by the way...) Frankly, I hate them. They make an already thick A Pillar even thicker, and in city traffic, I have had an entire oncoming car disappear in the blind spot that they create. I will be getting the Weathertech one's b/c they seem to be the most transparent ones around. The Weathertec's are more expensive, but after almost pulling out infront of a chevy malibu, i think its worth the extra $10.

Are ventvisors easy to take off if later i decide to get rid of them?

Danny

When i bought my explorer it had the ones that were on the door frame I didnt like the way they looked so I went with the autovent shades that stick in the channel heres the funny part it was a pita to take them off and I used a hairdryer to loosen the tape I thought to myself wow at least my new ones will never fall off but low in behold I had the same rear window problem where the window would not go up so I had to take off the tape where in wouldnt hold and reaply new tape and it has been ok ever sence. But anyway after all this I like the autovent shades a whole alot better much cleaner look imo

Back