• Register Today It's free!

Billet Grilles

White97Jimmy

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Dodge Charger RT AWD
I am looking to put billet grilles in both my main grille, and my bumper areas.

My question is, for the main grille, is all that is required is to remove the OEM grille and bolt in the billet?

My other question is, for the bumper grille, is it required to cut out the area in the bumper to put this in? Or does the grey plastic part in the front end just bolted in and comes out?

Thanks in advance (I can't really get out and crawl under the truck right now, it was snowing, and now its raining....So I'm spending money on parts until it gets sunny!)

ford3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey, I dont mean to sidetrack your thread but what exactly is the definitioin of "billet"?

ahaha sorry i was unclear in my first post--

well i see the word "billet" used in many many things like shifters knobs, grilles, and so on.. i just wanted to know exactly what renders something "billet".

like if i had object A in my hand, what parameters must it meet in order me to legally declare to the rest of the world that object A is "billet".

Technically speaking, billet is a single chunk of metal, and cut to spec. There are no welds, etc with real billet items.

off topic

man i love that cream limited color!!!

/off topic

White97Jimmy said:
Technically speaking, billet is a single chunk of metal, and cut to spec. There are no welds, etc with real billet items.

Ah fantastic! so its gotta be metal and one single piece.. great :thumbsup:

I put in a t-rex billet grille in my 03. It was very simple - there was no cutting out the origianl grille at all, and there is only something like 4 scews which hold it in. Then a matter of dilling 4 pilot holes for the new grille and scewing it in - I would recomend you buy a 8" phillips to get a good reach to put them in. As for the bumper grille, I am going to put one in as well and I believe it goes right over the existing slats with no cutting. Total time spent about 45 min. They give the truck a good look.

when i bought my billet grill for my truck all i had to do is attach it with the 4-6 supplied cable ties that it came with. although i wasn't too thrilled with the idea, i've had it on for about 2 years now with absolutly no problem/rattling. It worked well. Or you can screw it on....wouldn't be my first choice though.

yea, my boy has one on his 01 limited. he put it on using the ties, and i didnt think it was a good idea either but it looks good, no problems so far. and ROBL, with your grill, are the screws that you put in long enough so that it wont work its way lose at all? I have 800+w for my system, and im constantly going around tightening things becuase the car vibrates so hard.

rsxracer192
Yes, the screws were long enough and were self tapping stainless. I have had no problems with them vibrating loose. On your system would some non-permanent lock-tite work to secure them from shaking loose?

Back