Billit Mustang wheels on an X? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Billit Mustang wheels on an X?

Is it possible to put the billit mustang wheels on and explorer without using spacers? i really like them but i don't want to use spacers! does any one have and pics?

And what is the offset(ex. 20mm) mean? just curious!
thanks alot

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i just realized, you mean "bullit", right?

Actually it's Bullitt.

I plan on putting a set of these on very very soon, if I figure out how to do it without spacers, I think it can be done.

Yeah! those are the ones! i knew it was something like that! opps! if ya do do it post some pics and let me no!

hartman:

i believe the offset of the "bullitt" wheels is 22mm.

the offset of the cobra r's is 24mm. here's a quote from another thread:

james t :
my R's rubbed the lower control arm at full steering lock. the actual wheel rubbed, not the tire. it didnt rub with no lowering, only when i lowered it 2". i have 255/50/17's on the front (275/50's on the rear). all i did was grind a little off of the lip of the lower control arm with a hand-held grinder. works fine, and NO spacers.

maybe the "bullitt" wheels won't rub? if james t ground more than 2mm off of his control arm, you'll have 2mm less to grind than he did.

are the "bullitt" wheels available in two colors? i've seen them before in a dark charcoal grey color, but the ones on ebay right now are all a light silver.

i think either color would look good on your ex, derek.

I love those wheels! Just imagine how much fun that police chase would have been if they were in a Durango and and Explorer! Rollover City!!! :confused:

they come in 2 colors that i know of anthracite(spelling?) and either polished or chrome! so do you think they will fit w/o spacers? :confused:

They come in a gunmetal finish (the kind I want), polished, and triple plated chrome I believe.

i was looking through a summit racing catalog at work tonight.

they have these wheels available in charcoal w/ a brushed lip for about $150ea. , or silver w/ a polished lip for about $200ea.

i would figure you would not need spacers. dont take my word for it, though. BTW, instead of grinding the lip off of the lower control arm as i have done, you could replace the factory steering stops with a bolt and a nut to get an adjustable steering stop. the minor amount of adjustment you would have to do would not decrease your turning radius much at all.

Spacers for me are out of the question! i will go with a different wheel b4 i use spacers! i will do some cutting and grinding however. we also have a 2002 explorer, and i tried to put the wheels from it onto my '95 but the tire would rub the sway-bar, so i decided against those ones even though they did look half bad on it! anyone have any other ideas on the bullit(billit, bullet, however its spelled)????

Back