• Register Today It's free!

Bilstein Struts for 14 Explorer?

Billy Dunwoody

Reaction score
City, State
Culver City, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
I was wondering if Bilstein part # 22-266613 would work on my 14 Explorer XLT 3.5L V6 FWD? Bilstein's website says yes, but they did not ask for my trim level or drivetrain, so it could be different. Has anyone ever used Bilstein on the Explorer? Also, about how many hours of labor is it for a shop to replace both struts while using the stock springs?
Thanks in advance, just trying to budget

Bilstein doesn't include any hardware ( ie strut boot) fyi. Thought about them as well but I opted for Motorcraft on all 4 corners.
You can email Bilstein amd they will respond to you.
My shop is charging me like 180 for labor, and I provide the parts. Get new strut mounts, Ford only.

Hope this helps.

Bilstein doesn't include any hardware ( ie strut boot) fyi. Thought about them as well but I opted for Motorcraft on all 4 corners.
You can email Bilstein amd they will respond to you.
My shop is charging me like 180 for labor, and I provide the parts. Get new strut mounts, Ford only.

Hope this helps.
Excellent, didn't even realize they had a phone number to call. Just called, very nice guy said it will absolutely work on FWD and doesn't recommend replacing the strut mount. I had bilsteins before on a Dodge Ram so I am excited to get them on the Explorer!

I really would replace the mounts. He might being nice but they wear out. Only 65 dollars for 2 of them.

Just my 2 cents. Enjoy

Back