• Register Today It's free!

Blend door actuator

BruceLogan

Reaction score
City, State
Pialba , Queensland
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer XLT
I had a broken blend door in my 1997 Explorer XLT, ordered a new replacement from Heater Treater but was sent wrong door and only get half movement out of the door because the slot is 45deg out of alignment. Emailed Heater Treater about the problem and they asked for photo's which I sent them. This was back in mid January, since then they have not answered any of my emails so I am left hanging with a half working door.

My question is - Is it possible to realign the spindle in the actuator to allow for that 45deg misalignment?

Thanks in advance
Bruce

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well! It appears that the answer to my ? is NO!
However I think that I can modify the spindle using the "Pin through spindle" method + some metal paste.
If that fails I will make a manual switch, just means that I will only have full cold or full heat, no adjustment :)

I'd dispute the heater treater charge with my credit card company. Then I'd buy the door from Amazon for $10 and do the fix described in the sticky (where you cut open the airbox). Takes 15 mins once you figure out what you need to do.

Thank you lobo411, It has been too long since I paid for it for the cc company to do anything about it and amazon doesn't ship that item to australia. I don't have time to muck around with it as We leave on our travels in 4 weeks. I will just modify actuator as stated above.

I'd dispute the heater treater charge with my credit card company. Then I'd buy the door from Amazon for $10 and do the fix described in the sticky (where you cut open the airbox). Takes 15 mins once you figure out what you need to do.

I wanna fix my blend door, but I also don't want to cut into anything... someday I might get to it!

Back