Blinker noise when blinker isn't on | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blinker noise when blinker isn't on

crzygrl85

Reaction score
City, State
Eden, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer XLT
Just a few days ago, I started to get the blinker sound when the blinkers aren't on. It started after turning. The blinker would click off and the light inside would go off, but the sound would continue. It happened every now and then, not after every turn. It didn't do it at all the next day, then did it once or twice yesterday. Today, it was nonstop. As soon as I started the car, the blinker sound was there. The blinkers work, as well as all the other lights. Once I turn and it clicks off, the sound continues. The blinker is not on, yet I hear that sound and it's driving me crazy. Is this a short somewhere? A fuse? I've never heard of this happening.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just a few days ago, I started to get the blinker sound when the blinkers aren't on. I've never heard of this happening.
YOU HAVE A BOMB IN YOUR SPLODER.....DON'T GO IN IT....DON'T GO TO STORE EITHER UNLESS TO GET T.P....IF YOU CAN FIND IT! :)

YOU HAVE A BOMB IN YOUR SPLODER.....DON'T GO IN IT....DON'T GO TO STORE EITHER UNLESS TO GET T.P....IF YOU CAN FIND IT! :)

I have anxiety, so not exactly funny. But I have been in it several times and haven't died yet. They did some shody wiring if that's the case 😂

I have anxiety, so not exactly funny. But I have been in it several times and haven't died yet. They did some shody wiring if that's the case 😂
Sorry about joking......Take a tablespoon of honey next time for anxiety.....works wonders for that and insomnia..
For your Explorer I would replace the Flasher relay ...cheap parts toss at it....and likely the problem

EP27 FL27 5-Pin LED Flasher Relay Decoder 12V Fix Turn Signal Hyper Flash issue | eBay

To access relay:
Follow just steps 1 and 2 here:
TRS Magazine - Ford Ranger odometer worm gear replacement

Link to replacement / location .... watch video from 00:50 point onward:

Back