Blower Motor Resistor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blower Motor Resistor

Reaction score
City, State
RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer,4.0 LTD 4x4
The blower motor resistor failed on my 2008 Ltd. The fan went to high speed and I could not shut it off, the only way to stop it was to turn off the key. I knew that it was the resistor because I've had these fail on other vehicles. I was a little surprised at the cost, there are 2 types of resistors and because my vehicle has the automatic temperature control it is the most costly. The part at the Ford dealer was $149.00. I tried to buy from a local parts store but no one had one in stock. They were a little cheaper around $80.00 to $95.00. I ended up ordering from Amazon for a Motorcraft part #YH-1822 HVAC Blower Motor Resistor for $85.00 with free shipping. I took out the old resistor so I can still use my vehicle, the rear AC fan still works fine. Very easy part to change out, it's located right behind the glove box.

The blower motor resistor on my Ford Contour was a contorsionists dream to change. The ****** who designed that mounting method was never on my Christmas card list. Good to hear about these, as they seem to be a common failure.

Good info! Thanks for posting!

Back