07 Explorer blower motor resistor? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

07 Explorer blower motor resistor?

08harleyf350

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Explorer EB
My manual heat controls would not blow on setting 1-2-3 but would work on 4. After doing some research on this issue, it lead me to the blower motor resistor.

Ive been searching for a new blower motor resistor. I have read numerous people trying cheap AutoZone blower motor resistors and they fail a few weeks later.

IMG_20171031_202619441_zpsxbtiougq.jpg

I removed my resistor from under the passenger side interior, under glove box.
I tried using the Ford part number on the blower motor resistor but I cannot find that specific part online. Most websites give a YH... part number from motorcraft?
Has anyone had this issue and if so which motorcraft part # worked? I will eventually get to a Ford dealership for confirmation but I don't want to pay the dealership price! Any help would be great, the e ones I found online look the same but there are 3-4 different part numbers? So I want to ensure I get the right one for my 07 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0L.

Thanks guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go to the Ford parts website and plug in your VIN. Lookup an A/C Resistor, and it should give you the correct part number such as YH-1716 or YH-27 or something else. These vary by options, and date of build. Plugging in the VIN here is usually the most accurate way to figure out what you need.

That number on the part is the engineering number, not the service part number. The two numbers are usually very close with only a digit or two different.

I just ran the number on your resistor and it goes to 7L2Z-19A706-A ...or Motorcraft YH-27

That number on the part is the engineering number, not the service part number. The two numbers are usually very close with only a digit or two different.

I just ran the number on your resistor and it goes to 7L2Z-19A706-A ...or Motorcraft YH-27
Thank you, I will definitely look to purchase that one.

when my oem died I found my 07 was early build date so I got lucky with the cheaper 2006 unit.... so I did a $13 ebay special and it worked great for 2 years then died so bought another $13 replacement..... IMHO it takes me less than 10 minutes to swap them so I could not care less if one blew each year because it would take many years to catch the price on the expensive units ..... now if you have the later 2007 good luck because there are no cheap options

this is the one I bought just 2 weeks ago
R047 Blower Motor Resistor OEM# 1L2Z19A706AA, 20301, 2L2Z19A706AA, 4L2Z19A706AA | eBay

My build date is 5/2007 so I'm almost positive I need the YH-27 part number. I still haven't purchased it quite yet, it's just sitting in my Amazon cart since I had surgery a few days ago.

I did end up purchasing the YH-27 Motorcraft blower motor resistor from Amazon. The numbers are the exact same on the part. I look to install it here soon, updated post to follow.

IMG_20171110_141848066_zpsybgo8bgd.jpg

2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer build date 5/2007 (that makes a difference in purchasing the correct part).
Motorcraft YH-27 (part ID)
Amazon had them for $32
Rock auto had them for $23

IMG_20171110_150233_zpsc9biqemj.jpg

Installation (easy)
Unhook negative terminal on the battery. Look under the passenger side, glove box area to see the blower motor resistor. Remove the 2 (8mm) bolts, if you are a bigger guy this isn't easy but helps moving the passenger seat all the way to the rear. Uncouple the resistor from wire harness.
Carefully install the new blower motor resistor, bolts are diagonal to help with reinstallation position. Plug in the harness to the new resistor and hook up the battery.
I now have #1-#2-#3 blower settings on my manual A/C- Heater.
Thanks to this forum for helping me find a easy solution to my problem.

I am a bigger guy and I move the seat all the way back and use a very long 1/4" extension.... I very rarely disconnect the battery too many settings to restore on my radio..... autoeq,crossovers, time alignment ect.... ive done quite a good amount of these and I have to say the 4th gen explorers are a much better design

My Explorer is 2006. I do not have the "turn dial" fan or temperature knobs on the dash. I have the up and down arrows for dual climate control. My fan is stuck on full blast. All of these forums and YouTube videos make it look so easy to locate, remove and replace the blower motor resistor. I can't even find it! When I lower my glove box to look for it, I see nothing like the videos/images that has four wires going into something screwed down by two hex nuts. Can anyone help me with a visual locate where the heck the blower motor resistor is located on a 2006 Ford Explorer? Thanks!

you have the automatic temperature control system (ATC) and its totally different from the manual control resistor I believe what you are looking for is the blower motor control module and yeah nobody has done a video on replacement for an explorer but I did find one on a 2009 f-150 and the part looks the same

you have the automatic temperature control system (ATC) and its totally different from the manual control resistor I believe what you are looking for is the blower motor control module and yeah nobody has done a video on replacement for an explorer but I did find one on a 2009 f-150 and the part looks the same

THIS IS GREAT. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I THOUGHT SOMETHING WAS DIFFERENT AND THOUGHT IT WAS DUE TO NOT HAVING THE "DIAL CONTROL" FOR THE FAN BUT, AS YOU SAY, THE "ATC". LAST QUESTION, WERE YOU ABLE TO SEE IN THE PHOTOS THAT I POSTED WHICH PIECE IS THE BLOWER MOTOR CONTROL MODULE? THANKS AGAIN AND VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

THIS IS GREAT. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I THOUGHT SOMETHING WAS DIFFERENT AND THOUGHT IT WAS DUE TO NOT HAVING THE "DIAL CONTROL" FOR THE FAN BUT, AS YOU SAY, THE "ATC". LAST QUESTION, WERE YOU ABLE TO SEE IN THE PHOTOS THAT I POSTED WHICH PIECE IS THE BLOWER MOTOR CONTROL MODULE? THANKS AGAIN AND VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

P.S. I GUESS I POSTED THE PHOTOS ON A DIFFERENT THREAD. I AM NOW ATTACHING THEM TO THIS THREAD. IF YOU CAN HELP ME IDENTIFY THE BLOWER MOTOR CONTROL MODULE, I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL.

IMG_6990.jpg

IMG_6997.jpg

IMG_6996.jpg

the red box is the part in question I plugged "3l2h-19" from the visible part numbers into ebay and this blower resistor came up
02-10 Ford Explorer Mountaineer ECM Temp Control Module Blower 3L2H-19E624-AA | eBay

and the blue box is the vacuum control for the doors

Yup, the item in the link is the blower motor resistor you'll need.

I had to replace mine, too. It's a little work getting it in, but nothing that will take all day. For me, the worst was the cold wind that kept blowing up in my shirt lol.

I suppose I could've waited a day or so for it to warm up, but I hate letting **** drag on.

Drop the glove box, or remove it entirely, and on mine, to simplify things, I unhooked the three electrical connections that are beside the resistor. You'll also need 2 smaller sockets...I think an 8mm and a 10mm, IIRC.

Back