Blower Motor slows to almost nothing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blower Motor slows to almost nothing

JrseyKid86

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester Hills, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer XLT
Ok,
On my 2000 Cavalier the blower motor works fine, then will slow down to nothing, i replaced the resistor, now all 4 speeds work, but still slows down. If you kick the motor it works great again for a minute... any ideas? should i replace the motor?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok, the above posting is mine.. just posted under my old screename... oops.

the bearings are getting bad in the blower motor it will soon not spin for you

A couple of things are wrong here. Lets start with the screen name. According to this forum's rules, you could only use one screen name at a time. The second thing is that this thread is in the wrong section. It should be in the all other vehicles section. Now for the original question. The blower motor has brushes which start to wear out. It may start when you knock it or apply more voltage, and current to it, but will not work properly with the factory plug. I would suggest that you replace the blower motor.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to replace it this weekend.. in the meantime we're drivin the Explorer. The other screen name is my old one, didnt know i still had the password to it, but my computer logged me in to the old one... second, who cares about the posing... it was a general question... not really car specific.. just posted the Cav in case anybody had a cav with the same problem... thanks again!

Back