Blue STA Fully Loaded :) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blue STA Fully Loaded :)

ingenuitor

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 SR5 > Rust Free
Hello Guys,

What I'm looking for is a fully loaded well maintained Blue Flame Metallic STA with Navigation with low miles and or well maintained and higher miles. Well maintained is the key here. ;)

I can forgo the navigation and add it later, but I would prefer that as an OEM feature already installed if I can find it.

PM me if you have one and have been thinking about selling it, let me know your asking and any links to photos and videos would be very helpful.

Thanks.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is disappointing. However, just because the blue is $10k more doesn't mean it isn't a good deal. go to kelly blue book and price it out.

I was actually stationed in Guam when I found mine online in Oregon. After Nine days of email bargaining with the dealership, I committed. I used miles to fly in, bought it, drove it into a storage unit and flew back to Guam to finish out my last 4 months of assignment.

Calculating what it was worth to me and what I could afford was key...I never thought I would pay over $30k for a used vehicle...but it was worth it and within my budget.

Good hunting.

John

That is disappointing. However, just because the blue is $10k more doesn't mean it isn't a good deal. go to kelly blue book and price it out.

I was actually stationed in Guam when I found mine online in Oregon. After Nine days of email bargaining with the dealership, I committed. I used miles to fly in, bought it, drove it into a storage unit and flew back to Guam to finish out my last 4 months of assignment.

Calculating what it was worth to me and what I could afford was key...I never thought I would pay over $30k for a used vehicle...but it was worth it and within my budget.

Good hunting.

John

Wow that's a great story, do you have any pics of the truck you ended up with? You my friend deserve much more, thanks every so much for your service.

Good hunting.

John

One more thing to note here is I'm looking at allot of STA's right now, but would prefer the blue one, that's all really in this case, otherwise I may have even found a great red one now as well.

I'm a little surprised CarMax has 5 STAs in stock right now: 2 silvers, 2 blacks, and a red.

If you hate negotiating and can appreciate a huge inventory and dirt cheap shipping, its a dealership to consider. I've bought and sold with CarMax in the past, easy peasy.

I'm a little surprised CarMax has 5 STAs in stock right now: 2 silvers, 2 blacks, and a red.

If you hate negotiating and can appreciate a huge inventory and dirt cheap shipping, its a dealership to consider. I've bought and sold with CarMax in the past, easy peasy.

Yeah I hear you, I just will not pay to have them ship it in on a maybe, they have a great one, but it's like 1k just to get it here. So here we go again, I found a mint silver one 35k miles it's a 6 though, so all these feelers are coming back, but I'm just not sure about the 6 banger, but it's mint and fully loaded at $21K. It really makes me think hard.....

STA's Are hella expensive here in MN. $18,000 gets you one with 120,000 miles

STA's Are hella expensive here in MN. $18,000 gets you one with 120,000 miles

And in some cases somewhat rusted out on the frame rails and rocker arms and many other places. Some worse than others. 18k for 120K STA is crazy IMHO. I'm not even sure I would buy something with 120K miles on the clock, that engine could be hammered, but then again it all depends on the history. Since most seem to be from Canada, good luck in getting that detail, as they do not record history like we do here in the states.

I have a deposit on this one as of today, working out the details as I am fighting off many others trying to buy it and it has not even been listed yet publicly. I will be glad when this ride is over, we have so much legwork to locate one and then finding a nice one doubles the work and then getting to it before others do tipples the work and then qualifying it remotely just adds to the complexity and risks.

But so far this one looks well cared for for a 6 year old truck, not a new bed like some others I missed, but everything else looks nice so far, with 50k ish miles pushing closer to 60k....
Hope this one works out now. ;)

GPtfKUp.jpg

Back