• Register Today It's free!

Body Lift Questions..

ExplorerX91

Reaction score
City, State
Yakima, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XL
First Day - Started about 100 with one friend, got front bumper off, ebrake disconnected, evertyhting else disconnected, loosened and replaced all of them, had problems with both fronts but found a way to solve that and two of them just keep turning so i got on the floor with channel lockers and help onto the bushing while my friend lossened it,, tigtened all of them as possible, confused on rear bumper not sure how to take the thing off, confused about new ebrake and fan shrounds brackets but i think ill figure that out, can you guys give me some advise on the back ubmper its being a pain, by the way we are both 16, no air tools and never done a body lift before so i think we're doing pretty good.

alot of people have problems with the bumper brackets for the 91-94 explorers, If you do a search for bumper brackets you see a few diffrent ways that diffrent people have addressed the issue. If you look in my gallery you will see how I did my bumper brackets by cutting the orignal brackets and welding them to my hitch.
Joe

I did my bumper brackets by means of blood, sweat, and elbow grease.... you just gotta drill and curse and drill and cut and curse and have a beer (wait, your 16)... perseverance my friend

Back