body lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

body lift

I just got a 3" body lift and im to the point of raising my 99 but it seems like its sticking or something. I went through the instructions five times now and checked the whole body and frame and see nothing catching. can any one help? Ive had a exp for 25 days now.

sorry i cant even figure out how to put front springs on..... but im in phx to, what are you near?

did you gett all the bolts?

Check bolts

Seems like there were 8 bolts, read the directions and confirm. Make sure they are all loose and only remove the side you are lifting first. Keeps the body from sliding off on the floor. Check the e-brake cable and also the radiator shroud. Mine lifted very easy after everything was loose.

Good Luck

Rob

there are 10 bolts. 5 per side. if you have all those gone from one side and loosened from the other.. it will raise.
did you unbolt the radiator already? and grounding straps? i really doubt either of that would cause it to not lift.
are you jacking the body really close to each mount?

try this instruction set if you aren't already. they are perfect. only the front bumper mounts won't be the same for your truck.
http://mudmarine.tripod.com/3bodyliftinstall/

Back