• Register Today It's free!

Body lift

Nicaraguense

Reaction score
City, State
Jonesboro, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 4Dr XLT 4WD 4.0
¿Do they make a 1" Body lift? or ¿Would I just be wasting my money? I just need 1 more inch for my 32's Really all I need is to push the bumper out or lift it an inch. AHH I dunno. If I lift it stright up I might need 2" ¿Those come with new lift brackets for the bumper right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Unless you use hockey pucks which I dont recommend or advise you wont find a 1" BL. You can do 2" or 3". But if youare going to do a 2" there isnt a reason not to go for 3" not really much more work. Just my thoughts
Gary

If all you want is 1 inch do the warrior shackles. Part WAR153 and a TT to match. That should give you about 1"-1 1/2" of lift.

Originally posted by Rx4phun
Unless you use hockey pucks which I dont recommend or advise you wont find a 1" BL. You can do 2" or 3". But if youare going to do a 2" there isnt a reason not to go for 3" not really much more work. Just my thoughts
Gary

I agree with that 95 percent. Do the 3" body lift. You'll be happier that you did that. Now the other 5 percent I don't agree with. I did a 1" body lift because That's all I wanted to do. I did find a 1" body lift. It was for an old jeep pickup(comanche?) I found it on ebay and paid 35 bucks for it It had 12 1" blocks, and some bolts which happend to be the right size I needed.(you don't need new bolts to do a 1" lift If you happen to find a 1" body lift. you'll only need bolts for the body mounts under the rear seats. Also you only need 10 blocks I think to do it.) At any rate you could go that route if you only wanted to do only 1". Just keep checking ebay. Another thing, you'll still have to raise your bumpers and lower your radiator fan shroud which if you get a 2 or 3 inch kit you'll get those parts to do that in the kit. :)

how hard is it to nstall a 3" body lift? i have heard the bumper brackets are a B*$%#! any suggestions there?

the rear brackets are not that tough. not sure about your year. i think they make them for the 1st gens.

body lifts are easy to install. its just loosening cables and removing bolts and tightening back up basically.

Originally posted by jasonb
the rear brackets are not that tough. not sure about your year. i think they make them for the 1st gens.

body lifts are easy to install. its just loosening cables and removing bolts and tightening back up basically.

well, thats the THEORY. bracketry can be a little tricky (as can other things), but its not that bad. just make sure you have plenty of sockets, ratchets, break bar, grinder, sawzall, decent jack, and some wood planks.

Originally posted by udmsvt
well, thats the THEORY. bracketry can be a little tricky (as can other things), but its not that bad. just make sure you have plenty of sockets, ratchets, break bar, grinder, sawzall, decent jack, and some wood planks.

....and one whole day...

in my case, a few extra hundred bucks, a month, and a very pateint ford parts guy.

You can also look here for some info on install. Mine is a 2001, but it is nearly the same from 95-01. Only the bumper brackets and steering extension change.

3" Bodylift

i know alot about my truck and i know alot about vehicle maintenance but from what i have seen i may look at paying someone to do it...how much you think it will cost?

I just finished installing a 1" body lift on my 94 sport. I did it by buying a 2" BL Kit and cutting the mounts in half. I doubt anyone would publicly recommend that. I still had to drop my fan shroud, but all the other stuff stayed in the box. No bumper brackets or steering shaft adjustments. Even the e-brake was fine. I did it to make room for an atlas transfer case as I was also (re) - installing a 5.5" Superlift. A 1" body lift by itself would have been a waste of time all by itself though. It wouldn't have let me go up in tire size or anything.

I had all the seats out anyway because I was running new electrical accessories all over the place so it was easy to justify throwing it in then. Would I hve bothered if it was the only thing I had to do? No, probably not.

Here's a pic a 1" BL installed on top of a 5.5" SL. I doubt anyone would notice it if I didn't tell you.
It's the sport that has it, the 4 door in the picture had the suspension lift on it that I moved over.
http://www.randombuzzword.com/Trucks/evdev.jpg

There are other pics here that show a little more detail but not much:
http://www.randombuzzword.com/Trucks/94BuildUp/94BuildUp.html

Back