• Register Today It's free!

Body Mount

rocco123

Reaction score
City, State
Endicott, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT & 2002 Limited
After hearing a chirp from the right front area of my 02 limited, I discovered it is coming from the body mount that is below the forward hinge point of the front passenger door (right fwd mount). There is metal to metal contact where the mount (rubber bushing) goes thru the bracket mount hole coming off of the frame. I was wondering if there are aftermarket RUBBER body mounts out there. I don't like the idea of installing a poly-mount as I believe that area should have some sort of cushion to it. What are the options (other than expensive dealer parts).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

junk yard parts ?
maybe find a totalled of the same model and get the body mount off of it,,

I wonder if energy suspension has mounts that are soft enough for replacement. The only bushings I bought from them were hard pastic for my
'94's radius arm bushings. Just don't want a hard ride.

Hi I just looking for the frame rubber bushings only for my Explorer 2003. I do not want the the metals parts. Some idea?

I have a set of oem bushings I bought from dealer years ago

Hi I just looking for the frame rubber bushings only for my Explorer 2003. I do not want the the metals parts. Some idea?
Try the body mounts for F250 in Amazon. I did and they fit perfectly

Screenshot_20210627-135609_Amazon Shopping.jpg

junk yard parts ?
maybe find a totalled of the same model and get the body mount off of it,,
I went to the junk yards and all had the same problem. Positon 2 and 3 were broken. I ended up buying a kit for F250 in Amazon for $82.99. There are 10 in the kit, and I only used 4.

Screenshot_20210627-135609_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I hope he found something useable in the last 7 years.

^ Ha! Replacing body mounts sounds difficult. Hope I never need to. So far, so good, though.

Didn't notice the date of the post,, thanks.
No worries, we all do it. Besides, it can always help someone doing a search here for suitable mounts.

I went to the junk yards and all had the same problem. Positon 2 and 3 were broken. I ended up buying a kit for F250 in Amazon for $82.99. There are 10 in the kit, and I only used 4.

View attachment 340020
Which positions did you use from this kit? I have to replace them on my 05 aviator

Back