Bonehead needs some advice | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bonehead needs some advice

Well I'm not going to try and wiggle out of this one... I have a 97 black X and yesterday after jumping someone in a unlighted parking lot at 3am i turned to go toward the exit of the lot and didnt notice the yellow pole that was out of my headlight view.... well anyway it rubbed down the passenger rear door about 10 inches and left horrible yellow paint all over.... As far as i can tell it didnt get through the wax/clearcoat and i can remove some of it by hand... well i figured i would go get a rubbing compound and rub out the paint and then wax it.... well i have done this and now i have swirl / small scratch marks from the rubbing compound... any comments on how to get rid of these. I also bought some 2000 grit sandpaper but am afraid to try this and make it worse.... I got all the yellow paint off and now i just need to get rid of the swirls/small scratches.... i am also on a budget so moneys tight and i need something i can pick up locally. The rubbing compound i used was turtle wax stuff from walmart.....

Back