Boomin's getting a sex change | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Boomin's getting a sex change

Boomin's getting a sex change *PICS*

Haha guy well here we go. This weekend I will take the last pics of the truck lowered. I have decided that it is the best for me to lift my truck for 2 reasons. 1 is that it will slow me down some hopefully and 2 is that noone really has done what I am doing to a mountaineer. What my plans are:

Suspention:
-3'' lift spindles
-3'' TT by flipping and rotating the adjuster w/stock bolts
-SOA in rear possibly with shackles

Body:
-3'' body
-3'' Fiberglass fenders

Tires:
-15x10 wheels
-35x12.50 Mt's

I will be posting pics of the progress. This monday/tuesday I am doing the TT and SOA with monoleafs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

boominXplorer said:
New pics with the 3'' BL

12558boomin2-med.jpg

12558boomin-med.jpg

wicked nice looking.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

That looks awesome boomin. :thumbsup: You happy with the results of your sex change? :D

Nice pictures Chris. Looks similar to the one in my driveway. haha

-Drew

oh and bmx you should see my flex pic i took with my camera phone. I'll get one up for you to gawk at ;)

Here are some pictures of Chris' Mounty with my Explorer:

464729_124_full.jpg

464729_125_full.jpg

464729_130_full.jpg

464729_131_full.jpg

Here is a comparison of 2wd vs 4wd front crossmember clearance:

4wd:
464729_126_full.jpg

2wd:
464729_127_full.jpg

Here's Chris flexing a little:

464729_132_full.jpg

Chris, I don't know when you'll read this -- but I won't be home tonight, so you can just head on. Take it easy man - glad you stopped by.

-Drew

they look great! ur trucks look around the same hieght

I have disowned Boomin.

IAmTodd said:
I have disowned Boomin.

That's ok. He has a new family now. :D

You bunch of two wheel drive wanna be's! I even have something over you guys :p

j602 said:
That's ok. He has a new family now. :D
And a much larger one at that. :D

that thing looks awesome but im suprised boomins looks smaller that drew since he has like 6" of susp. lift and 3" body lift...

BigDave!!! said:
that thing looks awesome but im suprised boomins looks smaller that drew since he has like 6" of susp. lift and 3" body lift...

I think it just looks that way because I an farther back, but yeah he does look taller

Were you trying to do some muddin' beside the parking lot?

j602 said:
Were you trying to do some muddin' beside the parking lot?

It was some DEEP ruts with mud at the bottom. Wasn't much around but it

boominXplorer said:
I think it just looks that way because I an farther back, but yeah he does look taller

none the less the truck looks awesome...did you ever get new uppers?

havent got new uppers yet. I'm still trying to decide what I want to do witht the suspention period (T-bars or coilovers). Coilovers will be $$$$ but I HATE all the T-bar clunkingand how ruff it is

coilovers are prettys expensive, probably at least 1000 bucks for the new shock hoops you would have to install, the C/O shocks and the springs. at least you have t bars now because doing a C/O for explorers are easy since you dont have to cut out any coil buckets and other stuff

yeah, I'm ordering perrys fronts on thurs or fri. If I was on the west coast I would get the rears too but shipping is a you know what.

yeah the shipping would suck and so would installing the rears. the front should look good though after front glass

Well I am getting frusterated with this truck. I have gone through 3 sets of wheel bearings, vibrations are crazy and I havent seen my MPG go over 10 yet. With all of this I am thinking In want to bring it down some. I also want to go back awd. I am thinking of just thoughing 4x4 spindles up front and going back sua with shackles. I figure there will be alot less problems this way. any suggestions?

Back