Bosch plugs in 4.0 OHV 99 explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bosch plugs in 4.0 OHV 99 explorer

Once again. Personalities. This is basicly the stock section. With stock engines we are kind of into daily driving and the OEM's are damn good. That is hard to debunk!

We know that our OEM sway bar links are crap yada, yada; but the plugs? Why try to improve on a damn good thing? Where we giong with this, and hows that working out?

I guess my point is that the stock plugs are Platinum and the Bosch I put in are of the basic same design as the stock.
I didn't put the expensive Bosch plugs in that have that goofy looking set up at the tip and cost a arm and a leg.
I put the ones that have a standard side L shaped prong and the center is only slightly different then the same Motorcraft plug that it calls for.
the Bosch are the cheaper OE replacement plugs and so far are working just fine.
I am going to replace them with the called for Motorcraft ones now that i know exactly which ones are supposed to be in there.
the one that where in there where put in there buy the dealer last year when we had to have the heads replaced.
they put Jasper casting heads on and so far it has not given us a problem until I went to change the plug wires that really DID need to be replaced and I always automaticaly replace plugs at the same time.

Back