Brake Light comes on. . Parking brake related? How do I adjust the parking brake? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brake Light comes on. . Parking brake related? How do I adjust the parking brake?

protomind

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Limited Edition
My brake (warning) light comes on on occasion, I have reason to believe that my parking brake is the culprit. I think I need to adjust my parking brake, do you have any idea on how do so?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine does the same thing, as soon as i get above 20 mph it goes on and stays on. I know i'm low on brake fluid, its contaminated and my ABS fuse is unplugged. The drums and all hardware are new though so its gotta be something else.

Well there is enough fluid, and the vehicle has great stopping power, I have noticed that when it comes on, sometimes depressing the pedal and releasing it makes the light go off. ANy other ideas? Perhaps I need to bleed the system better or perhaps the fluid is only and contaminated.

I would try replacing the fluid this can be done while you bleed the brakes just keep the resivoir full with new clean fluid keep bleeding the sytem til clean fluid comes out of the bleeder screw on each wheel

I will try the bleeding thing then. I got some valvoline synthetic stuff I will try.

I will possibly replace my rear brake lines in the process, will I have to bench bleed then?

Back