Brake Light | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Brake Light

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer XLT
Hey guys,

Today when I was coming home the parking brake warning light came on and stayed on. The emergency brake is not engaged, I double checked, and I looked at the brake fluid reservoir and it is at the "max" fill level. Does anyone know what it might be?

Thank you

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Mr. Alligator

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT Explorer
The parking (“emergency”) brake is not related to the rest of vehicle’s hydraulic braking system. It is just a mechanical cable back to the rear brake drums. The “warning light” is powered by a switch near the parking brake pedal. It is warning you (in error) that the brakes are depressed. Look with a flashlight to find the switch, and see if you can fix any obvious issues, and clean it, and oil it....

Good luck.

<

<

Mr. Alligator

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT Explorer
Well done.

<