Brake line questions.

DocVijay

Meow
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Sport 2WD
I'm going to be getting some SS brake lines for my X. I need to know what size the fittings are, and what I would need. First of all, what size are the banjo fittings? Are they the same F and R?
FRONT-
Dead Link Removed

REAR-
Dead Link Removed

Next, what size are the threads from the hard lines. The SS lines and fittings come in #3 and #4 sizes, which do I get? These are the bolts I'm talking about:
SPLITTER AND HARD LINE OVER AXLE-
Dead Link Removed

FRONT HARD LINE-
Dead Link Removed

REAR UPPER HARD LINE-
Dead Link Removed

Finally, would I need to fab some sort of bracket for the passenger side rear line? The bracket now is conncected to the block on the rubber line. A SS line would just connect to the hard line, so the bracket would not be used. What's the easiest way to secure this?
REAR PASSENGER HARD LINE-
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone?

If you order the extended lines from skyjacker, they all ready have fittings, I gravity bled the ones I installed, no problems.
I think they are 34.95 for fronts, and 34.95 for rears.
You have a p.m.:D

I checked with Skyjacker and all they have available for the 1999 model year is for the F-250 and F-350 trucks.

So does anyone know what size these fittings are?

Try rough country, or 4wheel parts, sorry I don't know size, but I am sure someone already makes them, trailmasre should have them, don't they make lifts for the second generation?

I've called everyone already. There are no premade kits for my Explorer. If anyone knows of a kit that will fit, I'll get that, but I don't want to start ordering different Ford kits to see which fits.

4wheelparts.com doesn't have any. Trailmaster, ProComp, and Skyjacker don't make a set.

Some peole have the Skyjacker kit. Does anyone know what part # it is? I could just try those and see if they work. Either that or I'll just get the parts and have a complete custom set made.

I have a skyjacker catalog that shows thru a 97, I don't know second gen. well, but if you can find if they are same as ranger, mazda, I can give you the part number.
David

Back