Brake problems...Help!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brake problems...Help!!!!

michael6305

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
I have a 2001 exploerer Sport. I had new pads and rotors put on and now when I slow to a stop my ABS turns off. This only happens maybe 2 or 3 times out of 10 but it never did this prior to the change. The ABS light never comes on throughout it all. Ive cleaned the sensors and gone over everything 3 times but cant explain the problem. Any help would be appericiated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Moved this to the proper forum. The forum you posted in is not for questions, it's for technicians's tips. Refer to the posting rules for the Technican's tips below:

Technician's Tips and Tech This forum is where professional automotive technicians or skilled automotive hobbyists can share their tech tips. Do not post your questions here! Post in the forum best suited to your topic. Questions posted in this forum will be deleted!

My fault, I meant on. They'll release and grab as if I was sliding but I have full traction.

Is the truck 2WD, the ABS sensors are much more sensitive on 2WD models. The 4WD hubs have the ABS sensor enclosed, those rarely fail. If it's a 2WD be sure that the wheel bearing nut is tightened just right(about 12 in.lbs, the rotor should spin freely but not wiggle sideways). If the problem continues and nothing up front seems to be wrong, you might replace the rear ABS sensor, that sometimes is the issue. Good luck,

Back