Brake TSB - want new rotors | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brake TSB - want new rotors

Thanks guys. I'll have them do both rotors at the other shop. Both of them will cost the same as one of the Ford shop rotors. I was quoted $104 for rear pads from NAPA. Remember I'm in Canada and we pay more up here. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting hosed. The dealer said it will take 1.9hrs to do both and that at $90 an hour.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, I'm going to pick up the rotors myself and the break pads from NAPA. I will bring them to the shop myself to have them put them on.

I experience this as well. The dealer has resurfaced my rotors twice and both of them are right it 29 mm. I have about 10,000 miles left my warranty at which time I will either need to buy the extended warranty or have the rotors be surfaced and hopefully they can be replaced. Problem has been they keep warping and I get vibration in the brakes

I experience this as well. The dealer has resurfaced my rotors twice and both of them are right it 29 mm. I have about 10,000 miles left my warranty at which time I will either need to buy the extended warranty or have the rotors be surfaced and hopefully they can be replaced. Problem has been they keep warping and I get vibration in the brakes

I believe that the brakes/rotors are only covered for 12,000 miles or 1 year whichever comes first.

Peter

I believe that the brakes/rotors are only covered for 12,000 miles or 1 year whichever comes first.

Peter

That is correct

Seems the culprit was the caliper. When they went to replace my brakes the mechanic said the caliper was for lack of a better work ""F''d". That is why the pads fell apart and destroyed the rotor. Not giving me a warm fuzzy. Caliper cost an extra 100. Ford is the only supplier. No after markets to be found. Oh well. The dealer is giving me a rental. Nice of them seeing the caliper won't be here until Monday or Tuesday. I take it even though the caliper malfunctioned it's not covered under my premium warranty.

Back