• Register Today It's free!

brakes

xpl951

Reaction score
City, State
Lafayette
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT AUTO/4x4
I have a 97 4x4 explorer 4.0 sohc isthat matters.
I just drove mt cousins 01 sport 4x4 and wow what a husge diff. in brake feel. so I was thinking aboutgetting powerslotrotors and hawk pads on all fours what do u guys think/know about this set up? I just had new rotors and brakes at 75k now at 90k.

thx jim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would flush the brake fluid (all of it- reservoir, calipers, etc..), refill with new fluid, and do a proper bleed process to ensure no air in the system. This procedure should cost you no more than $15 in fluid. Then if that doesnt help, try a different brake pad material next time you do brakes

Well im getting newrotors due to warped fronts. the persons who installed my brakes prob used cheap parts, So imgetting new fronts rotors anyway. Thus why i was looking at the power slot. I was looking for better made rotors to help reduce warping. But i will chaing with fresh DOT #3.

Slotted rotors will help. I have them on my Sport Trac and love them. I also use ceramic pads, with plans to change the rubber brake lines with braided lines next, which will make a HUGE difference in braking.

Chad

Back