• Register Today It's free!

Bronco II engine swap

tlh20fan

Reaction score
City, State
Belton SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
!989 Bronco II w/ 98 Expl
I got a super deal on a 98 Explorer Sport That was hit in the rear. All the drivetrain parts are in excellent condition. I am going to swap the motor, trans and axles into my 89 Bronco II. I am going to swap the dash as well. Can anyone give me some pointers to help make the swap a little easier? And does anyone know exactly what parts I will need to use from the Explorer? Also I am thinking off using the front grille, lights and bumper on Bronco II. Has anyone tried this?

I think 410s build would help. That's a ton of info your asking for. I think the search feature might be very useful.

you will want to swap the underdash and engine harnesses over, anything electrical you can swap over will make life easy on you.

as for your front end you would have to compare both rad supports and if all else fails measure out the one from the 98 and see if it will infact swap in to again make life easy on you, but why swap the front over? your fenders will look dumb compared to the round front end of the grill and lights, and if you swap over the fenders then the doors and rest of the b2 will look dumb and out of place. Just and fyi the sploder doors wont work and neither will the windsheild.

if you are after the front end look, they do make 1 piece front ends for the 2nd gen sploder that blends with the 2nd gen b2

Back