Brooklin/Mason NH Nov 2nd | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brooklin/Mason NH Nov 2nd

Hi everyone,

My names Jay, and I'm the one with the Navigator. I'd love to take the gator out there sometime for a trail run, but I have no idea when I'll get the chance too. Someday... someday I'll make it out that way.

Looks like a blast. Just thought I'd say hi.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

finally! a board where i have a head start on you! :D (so far)

Wish I could have made it up there to wheel with you guys, it's not that far from jerksey. look's like you all had a good time, maybe i'll go next time. :)

Originally posted by DEROCHA
Are you guys replacing the bushings when you put in your new shackles?

Shackles have bushings?

Not exactly. The leaf spring eyes and frame rails contain the bushings that the shackles fit over. It is not neccessary to replace them unless they are badly worn. If you're installing new shackles it is something to think about since you have everything off...Shackle pic

i ask because if anyone here knows their bushings it's you, having replaced all of yours! ;) you think autozone has poly bushings for this i can by alone, aka not in a set of bushings i don't want to bother with?

They should be able to order them if they don't have then in stock. I would only buy high quality polyurathane bushings (Daystar, energy susp ect). I looked @ some perfect circle bushings and they were hard as a rock...You want bushings that have a slight flex too them so they give a nice ride...

IMO shackle bushings are they most difficult bushings to replace.. They are pressed in and must be burned out with a torch. A std propane unit will work, but the hotter the better. The leaf spring eye bushings will also need the metal sleeves pressed out.. Because of the work involved most people don't change them...

i think for now mine are staying put. thanks for the tip though :)

yeah, a brookline trip on the 30th after thanksgiving sounds great to me. you can access the land any time you want to, its allways open. ill start a thread with a little more notice (for all of you who said i woul have come, this time you have NO excuse ;) )

anyone who wants to avoid cross-country trips to see *ugh* relatives...will do better here. Fred, should we have a breakfast tailgate party or something if the weather's nice? After all you and your buds are the only ones with tailgates. ;)

Ahh I'm so mad I missed the last one. I'll be there for sure, but I may have to leave a little early to drop the X off at home by 6ish before I make my way back here to Worcester (I'm not sure what time people usually leave)...

Back