FourXFred

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 EB
Brooklin/Mason NH oct 31st

HEY NEW ENGLAND WHEELERS! im trying to get a run together for the november 2nd, and could use your help. show up. im already going with about 5 of my buddies, but i figured id throw this up in the air to see if anyone else wanted to tag along. the trails arent too hard, and most can be done with a stock vehicle. brookline is on the massachusettes border, pretty much directly north of worcester. its about an hour drive from boston, and like a 50 minute drive from worcester. id guess 25 minutes form nashua NH. reply here if your in, or send me an instant message at FourXFred

EDIT: I KNOW THE DATE IN THE TITLE IS WRONG. I SUCK AT READING CALENDARS

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hmmmm.... ok, now its this sunday comming up. dont everyone reply here at once now. YOU DAMN NEW ENGLANDERS ARE ALLWAYS COMPLAINING THAT THERE ISNT ANY WHEELING GOING ON HERE, AND WHEN I PRESENT SOME, NO-ONE SHOWS UP! this threads been up for a week with only 9 VIEWS! well, if any of you guys want to come, feel free to still reply here ;)

Originally posted by FourXFred
YOU DAMN NEW ENGLANDERS ARE ALLWAYS COMPLAINING THAT THERE ISNT ANY WHEELING GOING ON HERE, AND WHEN I PRESENT SOME, NO-ONE SHOWS UP!
LOL, that's just what I was thinking!

Sounds about as centrally located as you can get in New England, and an hour or two isn't that far to drive to wheel! Try living out west!

So, a bump for the thread, hope some people show.

I changed the date for ya, Fred. :)

Fred, I feel your pain :). I had to cancel an event down here in PA 'cause no one could make it :rolleyes:, and then when we had a meet and greet at Hooters, only 3 of us out of 8 showed up!!! (one had a good excuse..wrecked the truck the night before). It gets really frustrating.......

rangerX, thanks for the change man! yah, mabey ill just go to hooters anyways. hehehe. why dont you guys come over?

Damn Fred if it wasn't this weekend i'd try and make it up there. Plan a run for a later date and i'll try my best to make it. :) Mapquest say's it's a 5 hour drive so it won't be to bad for me.

Hey Nick, are you in? Fred told me he'd mentioned it to you and told me you wouldn't make it. I can't wait to see your rig after the BL and whatever else you've done. You and I still need to race, though. ;) I'm in as long as my tires are on and i'm available to do it. I bought an old but slightly used set of power king mud/snow tires that were on a bronco as a plow rig. They're one size narrower than the originals, but come white-out season it'll be worth it. :)

Oh...one other thing: what have you done with your original stock wheels? If they're still around, maybe i could buy them from you so i won't have to remount/rebalance tires twice a year.

ok, its like a 15 minute drive from the walmart in amherst NH, so that is where were meeting. were gonna meet at 10:00, and stock vehicles are welcome. go to this link http://www.walmart.com/cservice/ca_storefinder_details.gsp?edit_object_id=1796&serviceName= and type in where you are comming from, and the site will give you directions on how to get there. see you guys sunday!

EDIT: that directions giver is WAY off in its estimation of how long it will take. it is saying its a 40 minute drive when i know for a fact that where i am comming from is only a 15 minute drive. but the directions are corect! so i will see you guys sunday! any quesitons, aol instant messenger name is FourXFred

Fred, make sure somebody takes pics! I miss Mass!

will do! where in mass were you from?

Originally posted by izackary
Hey Nick, are you in? Fred told me he'd mentioned it to you and told me you wouldn't make it. I can't wait to see your rig after the BL and whatever else you've done. You and I still need to race, though. ;) I'm in as long as my tires are on and i'm available to do it. I bought an old but slightly used set of power king mud/snow tires that were on a bronco as a plow rig. They're one size narrower than the originals, but come white-out season it'll be worth it. :)

Oh...one other thing: what have you done with your original stock wheels? If they're still around, maybe i could buy them from you so i won't have to remount/rebalance tires twice a year.

yeah ill be there!

Sorry i kinda like having 2 sets of tires incase i ever want to switch back for any reason, so i think ill hang onto them.

OK, thanks for letting me know. How's your car-puter project coming? Did you and your coworker get anywhere trying to market them?

ok so im just trying to figure out whose showing up on sunday. so far we got

Me
Nick26
izackary
and a couple of my buddies that arent on the forum

:( 4x4 is out of comission on my X. I am currently only able to use 4x2 (the shift motor is highly suspect).

Fred - I'd love to go, finally take my Mountaineer on some trails but this Sunday won't work for me.

However, if the place is good, and you want to go back sometime, I'll go!

Thanks for setting this up, its too bad I need to work to pay the tutition bills.

Originally posted by DEROCHA
:( 4x4 is out of comission on my X. I am currently only able to use 4x2 (the shift motor is highly suspect).

I'm sure someone can still make room for you. Why do you think there's passenger seats? :) IF i'm able to spend sunday night at my mom's, (I'm working in New London, NH on Monday) maybe you could ride over with me anyways. You can teach me somemore about painting and U-joints. :D Let me see how things work out and I can give you a call if you're interested. I still have your number.

Isaac

Hi Isaac,
I though about tagging along, but I really need to work on my "T" case and see if I can get it working. It was working a few weeks back, but was beginning to require me to press 4x4 several times before it would engage. I assume the shift motor needs to be removed & cleaned to see it that will cure it... My X won't fit in my garage so I need to strike while the weather is descent...

Take pictures to show everyone New England wheeling...

oh, ill bring the digital camera, dont worry. next time, your comming. your all comming.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nick: if your friend comes along again as photographer, make sure he takes movies longer than 9 seconds, ok? ;)

Back