Brooklin/Mason NH Nov 2nd | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brooklin/Mason NH Nov 2nd

I never saw this thread until now, I got stuff going on this weekend but give me some warning and I am game. I will either wheel the X or my ATV
Gary

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that was some fun!! Hey Nick, Fred, lets get some pics up so i can see my ex's incredible flex...in the running boards at least :D

sorry izack, but my camera apparently only took about half as many pictures as i thought it did, and half of them were so fuzzy i couldent make out what they were supposed to be. heres what i did get tho.

12285mason_028.jpg

12285mason_012.jpg

12285mason_033.jpg

12285mason_019-thumb.jpg

12285mason_008.jpg

12285mason_002.jpg

DUDE!!!

That looked awesome. Next time I'm totally there!

On a technical note, how often did you need 4low? Having AWD is like 4hi all the time. Did anyone get suck? Was anyone's truck not able to make it?

-Aaron

no-one got stuck too bad (though there was one small high centering problem). with a v-8, your AWD would have powered you through there fine. i used 4-low most of the day, but i didnt have to. it just kinda sucks having 31's and 3.27 gears.

you can def. count me in next run- ill make sure i'm home from school with my truch that weekend!!

i also have a buddy from my old Lincoln days who wants to join us next time. He wants to come from St Louis in his family's navigator :D

Originally posted by V8BoatBuilder
DUDE!!!

That looked awesome. Next time I'm totally there!

On a technical note, how often did you need 4low? Having AWD is like 4hi all the time. Did anyone get suck? Was anyone's truck not able to make it?

-Aaron

i only used 4-lo on some of the really steep hills, you know like the ones only i could get up ;) :D
having awd with a v8 would not be bad at all, there wasn't anything that made 4-lo an absolute necessity, do you have an open rear diff though?

Originally posted by rydinhigh
Crap I just saw this. I would have love to have gone. :(

If it hadn't been on a Sunday my brother and I would have gone. :(

Maybe next time if you could do it on a Saturday. Sundays are bad for my brother and me since we are on our churches sound team and we are on 2 out of every three Sundays

Maybe next time, OK?

you know like the ones only i could get up
hey! i coulda gotten up if i had gone like 40! and i never claimed that BFG all terrains were good off road. and the other ones you climbed? well, who was leading the whole day nick? ;)

Originally posted by Nick26
do you have an open rear diff though?

It's the ford Trac-Lok limited slip, with 3.73 gears. My next purchase is some 31x10.5 tires.

:( I should have gone... I spent the majority of the weekend with my "T" case cracked open trying to get 4x4 working...My shift motor appears to work when I manually power it, but won't engage 4x4. $%!& It's hard to go four wheeing with only 2H...

The photos and video are great!...

What if we try for the end of Thanksgiving vacation, like Saturday the 29th or Sunday the 30th?

Can people make this? Who's interested?

Fred, can we get access to the land then?

that'd be cool. i'm trying to get shackles and add-a-leafs from udmsvt at the moment. i'll be lifted 2.5 inches...with my 225 A-T/Mud tires :p

Yes - I have shackles waiting to be installed as well... Even if i don't have the new tires, the rear lift sure won't hurt. Lets hope we can get more people in on it.

Are you guys replacing the bushings when you put in your new shackles?

Originally posted by V8BoatBuilder
What if we try for the end of Thanksgiving vacation, like Saturday the 29th or Sunday the 30th?

Can people make this? Who's interested?

Fred, can we get access to the land then?

those days are going to be tough for me, i'll most likely have to work, but ill see what i can do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Nick26
those days are going to be tough for me, i'll most likely have to work, but ill see what i can do.

C'mon. :( they make you work thanksgiving weekend?? I'd imagine Bose would shut down those few days. Imagine all the football games you'll miss, too. :(

Back