Buggy kinda... 94 Explorer Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Buggy kinda... 94 Explorer Sport

Traded my Jeep I built for few things, and I ended up with a 94 Sport I modded in the past for a friend. Currently has trashed body, 4.0 5spd, TTB 4.56s, Powertrax front, 8.8 Artec trussed rear. Gunna be parting out Suspension and axles after New years. Missouri-no shipping... :)

Anyway....

Been watching Black friday sales and stock piling..

Here are current pics..

Hint -I like the lines of the F-Toy Chassis on Toyotas.
IMG_2180.jpg
IMG_2179.jpg
IMG_2177.jpg
IMG_2176.jpg
IMG_2178.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like good progress. I hear that about finding time in between life keeping you busy. I'd love to do this for a replacement for our honda big red on the farm but I want to use a Bronco II.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Years ago I started to do a B2, I got the body cut off, but then scraped idea. Not sure anymore why I didn't finish.
I can see building a B2 or even Geo tracker in the future.

Posting this as FYI to question about axle choices..
Reference not mine, but several previous members and my current friend's -1st gen with HP F-150 Dana 44 narrowed 6in to EB D44 width, look at coils bow and hard to see but driveshaft is very close and does hit exhaust. ***Not saying that the setup doesn't work, hundreds of people are running something similar***

I have explained better option is to narrow D44 but not 6in like everyone does, just cause you can get EB long side shaft, better solution is custom shaft, Example Moser or who ever, $175-250?

IMO I would only narrow 2inchs on pass side, stock is 65in wide on a FW, and after you add wheel adapter to rear 8.8 or Super 88 kit you are about 63inches wide in rear. So now your front will be matching and you have better coil angles and driveshaft clearance.

IMG_2553.jpg
IMG_2552.jpg

Been thinking a lot about 4 linking the front also.....

Back