Bumper and grille | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bumper and grille

I just got into an accident with a telephone pole at about 15 mph from skidding out on oil. I know I'm going to need a new bumper and grille, along with a new rim and a airbag system. How hard is it to remove the bumper and grille. They are both totally ruin and I guess I would need the whole setup for the bumper. What parts(cover, brackets, reinforcements) do I need for it. Right now its at the body shop and I'm waiting for an estimate. If it's over 4k I'll have them do the airbag and reallign the hood and the driveshaft or whatever happened to the drive system. I guess I would get the bumper and grille at a junk yard since I'm only 17 and have no money. Let me know.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well you can get the big sized B&M and be fine or get a replacement OEM and run the B&M after that. What I am getting at is the more cooling for your tranny the better.

When I did mine I added a filter with the cooler. You can see in my blury photo the filter, just above it is the factory cooler and the B&M is on the right.

attachment.php

Although due to the filter I had to add a quart that day I did not do a drain or flush of any kind. I have done a flush since then however. It wont hurt you one bit to make a day of it and go ahead and flush the tranny.
Search for posts started by Aldive, use tranny as a key word in the search, he did a fantastic write up on a tranny flush that I used as a guide. Worked like a charm.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

damn i love you hood. Since I need a new hood I might do something like that with the airscoops. Did you get it liek that or do it yourself? With the cooler, will they all fit or is there a certain size for explorers?

is there a model that i dont have to fabricate...I dont have a welding or oxyceltiliene so I cant heat up or anything. What is involved with the fabrication for the brackets? I can't find an oem factory cooler anywhere online. If you find one can you put a link for the site.

Thanks

www.fordpartsnetwork.com for the cooler. Mention this site and they will take good care of you.

The brackes I fab was just a matter of cutting and drilling some metal L brackets. I unfortunatly do not at this time have any close ups.

B&M cooler some with zip ties that basicaly sandwhich the cooler to the existing radiator. I am not a fan of that method.

tranny cooler is pretty easy but like monmix said the zip tie method sucks , just lost a cooler to them last weekend. to replace is not hard you could easily do it your self in like 10 minutes then just fill up the fluid and you should be set., good luck with it hope your back on the road soon.

I am look at the pioneer DEH-P4700MP and the 6x8 4-way TS-A6880R
speakers to put in the back seats and the doors. I am also planning on doing the Ipod connector. Does anyone have experience with these items. What would I need to do in order to replace the aftermarket HU with the stock one if I go to sell it. Since I have the big stock radio now I assume I need the installation kit with the shelf on it. Posting links to the items I need would be appreciated. Thanks

Back