• Register Today It's free!

Bumper Pad

mijd

Reaction score
City, State
Sarasota FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Ford Explorer EB
Was able to purchase a brand new bumper pad for my 06 Explorer but can't find the pegs for installation either online or at the local Ford dealership. I'm afraid to just yank or even pry them out thinking this will break them. Does anyone have any suggestion or know how to remove these pegs without damaging them. Thanks for all suggestions. -Jim

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It looks like the center of these fasteners pop up and then you use a trim tool to pry up the larger part it seats into. Popping them out this way should keep them from breaking. These look to be the rivet style of fastener.

It looks like the center of these fasteners pop up and then you use a trim tool to pry up the larger part it seats into. Popping them out this way should keep them from breaking. These look to be the rivet style of fastener.
That's what I was thinking Eddie, I appreciate the advice. -Jim

The Ford part number for these is -W708530-S300. They list for $2.50 each.

I took it off many times to paint my rear bumper. Just pull out the center pin and then lift the whole base and it will come out. Nothing will break.

Thanks for all the replies. -Jim

Back