Buried It Up to the Axles Today. Videos and Pictures | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Buried It Up to the Axles Today. Videos and Pictures

Some friends and I went out to the local sand pit / off road area today. I got my new tires earlier this week, thought Id try them out. Well I succeeded :D The new more aggressive tires are a big improvement, let me do things I couldn't do before.

I saw my friends riding around in this water covered area- it seemed to have an OK bottom, water was only about 8" deep. I took off across the hole, it got softer in the middle, where the 4wheelers were riding on top, my truck sank quite a bit. In 4 high, I punched it and made it all the way through the hole. I don't have a video of me, but here is a friends jeep crossing the hole. I crossed a little further to the Right then he did. He took the edge so he could pull me out.

http://www.explorerforum.com/files/45215/DSCF2987.AVI

Once I got across the hole, I wasn't sure where to go and my friend was sitting there on a 4wheeler. The ground looked dry and solid, I pulled up next to him and stopped. I sank like a rock. I tried to back up, just spun, tired to pull forward and dug in. I was buried up to the axles instantly. My tires were free spinning. My sliders were sitting on the ground. IT took us a while to figure out where to pull from because the ground all around where I was because it was so soft. The Jeep nearly got stuck getting back to my truck.

Here is the hole I went across-

stuck_009_Medium_.jpg

Here I am stuck

stuck_007_Medium_.jpg

Buried to the axle-

stuck_005_Medium_.jpg

Here is a video of my getting pulled out-

http://www.explorerforum.com/files/45215/DSCF2988.AVI

And me going back across the hole after being pulled out-

http://www.explorerforum.com/files/45215/DSCF2989.AVI

Here is my truck after getting across the hole the second time

stuck_015_Medium_.jpg

stuck_018_Medium_.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Niiice. But that sand must have been sooooft. Yank, sink, yank, sink.

you just couldn't wait to try out your new hooks, right....looks like fun...

thats sweet....gotta get a lift.... tho. some guy is buried in about 3 foot of mud in a remote location i think we have to get him out the old way....shovels and come alongs. i dont want to smoke my clutch.

looks like you had some fun. nice videos.

I washed the sand/mud for about 30 min with a pressure washer, then took a creeper and pulled the grass out from under my truck when I got home. I am going to have to wash it again and rinse out all the crevices tomorrow afternoon.

The skid plates and sliders work great and hold alot of sand. It is alot of fun out there though.

I climbed a 6' tall hill that was pretty steep today- I tried it before with the A/T's and they just slicked over. These STT's are awesome, they clean out and grip great.

Ha thats great! I knew you guys would love me getting pulled out buy a Jeep... uh I mean a Ford.

There was an 05 F150 there on 37" ProComps, but his Tcase wouldn't engage. :rolleyes:

And there was a Diesel Superduty, but he would have sank like a rock in that stuff.

I'll pull him out one of these days and get a video of that.

Finally Someone else with STT's :D

2561851_22_full.jpg

2561851_23_full.jpg

These things are awesome!!

I got my 31's mounted and balanced with an allignment for $600

Nice video's!

Nice videos thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Getting stuck is both a pita and fun at the same time.. Its a pita if your stuck bad and spend hours trying to get out, but fun in that you get to try your new recovery equipment and tactics to get unstuck. When I wheel alone I would avoid those areas unless a solid hitch point (large tree) is available.

When going through mud I like to keep my tire aired down to 15psi.. It allows the tire to have a bigger contact area and help it float instead of sink... That and I use 4x4 Low (more power to the wheels). I only use high when on-road.

ha nice video looks like you had fun.

Good stuff. Videos were sweet.

sweet video, love the fixed video

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great vids looked like alot of fun.

Back