BW-1354E to BW-1350M, Bolt in?

hvac man

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Rifle, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Sport
I know, another silly question, but does a 88-89 Bronco II BW-1350M directly bolt in behind a 94 Explorer M5OD? (shift linkage aside)

I need a new t-case and found the 1350 here in town, and I would like to use it. I don't really care too much about the strength difference as this is a bone stock DD. I just need an answer before I buy the t-case :D

Thanks,
Clint

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes should bolt right up, but I believe the out put is a different size or something for the front shaft, maybe different length . If you're not using the front axle then it should be a 30min swap to be up in running.

Just make sure the B2 wasn't 2wd. They came with a dummy case. LOL

yes should bolt right up, but I believe the out put is a different size or something for the front shaft, maybe different length . If you're not using the front axle then it should be a 30min swap to be up in running.

Just make sure the B2 wasn't 2wd. They came with a dummy case. LOL

Cool, thanks for the reply. I called on it today and I'm just going to measure everything up on monday. If the front output splines are the same I wonder why a guy can't just swap out the yoke and call it a day?

HAHA, I would deffinately be the "dummy" in that CASE.

Cool, thanks for the reply. I called on it today and I'm just going to measure everything up on monday. If the front output splines are the same I wonder why a guy can't just swap out the yoke and call it a day?

HAHA, I would deffinately be the "dummy" in that CASE.

The front is a slip joint on the 13-50, not a fixed yoke like the 13-54. The front driveshaft is a different length, by a few inches.

1) Front driveshaft length- too short?
2) Slip yoke front output- fixed on 1354

Sounds like this is NOT the right option for me. Thanks for the help!

Back