C1095 Pump Motor Circuit Failure | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

C1095 Pump Motor Circuit Failure

Hmm, okay so it does release similarly to the older style on the last gen vehicles.

So it's installed... everything working /driveable again?

The next thing to deal with was programming the new ABS controller unit. I note that some people have had to take their vehicles to the Ford stealership to do this and pay the big bucks. Also, I have noted that some people will simply remove their old ABS controller unit and install it on the newer hydraulic valve/pump unit. Honestly, both of those methods are the hard way. Most of you weekend mechanic warriors have an ODBII reader. I have a WiFi version that I bought on eBay for around $20 but I think most are BlueTooth and some of them are the USB wire type. Anyhow, for those of you with a laptop and free ForScan installed you can easily program your ABS controller unit. However, you WILL NEED the extended license. The good news is that ForScan will provide you with a free 2 month extended license that will activate ALL the features of ForScan. Go to their website for details and request the free 2 month license. It can take up to 30 mins for them to respond with the key link. Or, you can pay $12 for an annual extended license.

To program your new ABS controller you will need the Ford As-Built configuration file for your vehicle. You can get it free HERE or you can do like me and use ForScan to save it from your original unit before you unplug it. Either way works fine and is easy to do. Once you program the new unit and run the DTC scan in ForScan you'll see that any ABS DTC codes should disappear. You may also need to run the ABS Module Calibration test with ForScan if you have the C1998 DTC code. Just run it and that code will go away.

Lastly, don't forget you'll need to bleed the brake lines. My vehicle has nearly 180K miles on it and naughty me had never flushed the system with newer fluid. I took this opportunity to flush the system thereby bleeding the air out. Also, I upgraded from Dot 3 to Dot 4 just for the hell of it. To make this a one man brake bleed job I picked up THIS system from Harbor Freight for $75. I've done the two-man brake bleed operation before and used a hand pump brake bleed system before; both kind of suck compared to this system. This Holt Industries system makes it a cinch especially if you are doing a full flush. The one caveat I had was the Auto-Refill kit didn't simply sit on top of my reservoir very well. I don't know about other vehicles but the reservoir on a 3rd gen Exploder doesn't adapt well to their clamp system. The reservoir cap-opening is slightly too small to be ideal for this system. You can see my system for holding it in place...LOL! Other than that it's a very nice setup that made life pretty easy.

1686622714850.png

Hmm, okay so it does release similarly to the older style on the last gen vehicles.

So it's installed... everything working /driveable again?

Yup, other than the connector issue...everything was simple as pie. Codes all cleared and ABS/AdvanceTrac idiot lights are no longer lit.

Back