c1752 & P0500 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

c1752 & P0500

ArcticWolf1911

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Ranger XLT
I've got myself in a pickle, here. According to my scan software, the GEM is reporting codes C1752 and p0500, both saying there's a VSS circuit fault.

My speedometer, odometer, O/D lights and everything are acting fine, except for the ABS light. I start the engine and it turns off as you'd expect, after the initial light test. However, after moving forward for a few yards around 15/20 MPH or less, the ABS light turns on and doesn't turn off until the key is turned off.

I've cleaned the connectors under the truck & carpet, none showed corrosion. Also bought a new abs/vss sensor and popped it in the rear diff. the actual ABS module shows no codes what so ever.

The only symptom I encounter is that little amber ABS light, and of course the ABS not working, evidenced by my sliding tires when I stomp the brake pedal.

The rear sensor as I mentioned is brand new, and I'm seeing ~2.5 volts at the plug. No frayed or damaged wires are visible, and there is no corrosion. Even so, I did take a moment to soak the plug good with some contact cleaner, letting it dry out over night.

In case the specs don't show up, it's a 1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 automatic transmission with a 3.0 engine. 112,216 miles.

Back