Calling all NC Wheelers!!!!!!!! | Page 33 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Calling all NC Wheelers!!!!!!!!

i want to wheel easter weekend someone give me something in the alamance caswell area. or i'll play on my 4 wheeler on the farm. it would be nice to trailer the atv and go somewhere new

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could go to Uwharrie from your home or Brown Mountain from school for OHV trails. Theres plenty of one lane stone roads in the mountains to explore, some of them can be a blast to drive on.

i think uwharrie is in my future

Brown Mountain

I hit Brown Mowntain yesterday and I must admit it was allot tuffer than I expected. Total trial length is over 13 miles so it took a few hours to go threw. It starts out very easy with just mounds used for errosion control to crawl over but at the top it got a little better. I was by myself and I got to a point I didn't feel save without another vehicle with me so I had to turn around. No stock vehicle is going to clear in a few places and it took some planning to get threw some spots. Only thing I didn't like was the lack of trail markers, at the start it was confusing and at the top I thought I had taken a wrong turn and had gotten onto a dirt bike trail but I found out I was on the right trail it had just gotten allot harder.

All in all for $5 it was fun and was a great day to be in the mountains. :thumbsup:

Sorry didn't take any pics on the trails but I did find a great place to stop for lunch.
24908370055_large.jpg

24908370052_large.jpg

24908370053_large.jpg

24908370054_large.jpg

Hi All, I just saw these posts. I live in Burlington, originally from Thomasville!!! Any chance of a rally, get together, party?

a get together would be awesome i'm done with school and home may 6

if you ride an atv i am planning a trip down to Busco beach atv park and campground in goldsboro may 8-10 they do not allow suvs and trucks on there trails

Hey I have spent a few days here and there playing in freeman park. I was there this past weekend and i hope to spend time there late next week, weekend. I have to say thats the most people I have ever seen on the beach there. It took 3 1/2 hours just to get on the beach. I went out there a few weeks ago and had a Z-71 and a Landrover get stuck in front of me. Went right around them in my stock 02', there was lots of stuck trucks, including a F-250 and a Rubicon, but the exploder never faltered.

so i take it that there is not that many people from the hickory area.

Anybody around Raleigh got a bush hog? A friend of mine has 550+ acres just over the Durham line. I've been "wheeling" there. I use that term loosely as most of it is going 5 mph running over brush and watching for obstacles.

On a different note I'm going camping in the mountains around Sylva. Maybe next weekend, maybe the weekend after. Its around 4 hours from Raleigh. Anyone is welcome.

i finally got my 4x4 working again, so its time to go wheelin, idk if yall ever cruise through 40-42, but i work at the DQ up there if yall ever see my X its the green one with a whip and rod rack on the front, me and couple of guys from school want to hit some trails, because were sick of mud it tears up ur tires and everything else, any ideas?

Thats a bit of a stretch for me, my truck is barely highway worthy, theres nothing local? Im not really looking for anything difficult or long by anymeans, im just getting started in wheeling, and basically need a place to practice.

Ok, i found a place where I can ride, a friend of mine lives on about 300 acres of farm land, with ponds and trails, so im gonna try and hit those bad boys up on day next week.

Well
My daughter and her fiance live in in Cary

They have been fixing up their Jeep, and would like to go wheeling a bit, However, they are new to the area.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, Jon, then I think you should set something up, drive out here, and take her on the trails! If you show up in NC, I **WILL** be there!

Back