cam specs? underdrive pullies .for 5.0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

cam specs? underdrive pullies .for 5.0

sgmtino

Reaction score
City, State
benton , ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 awd xlt
hey there was wondering does anyone know the cam specs for the 5.0 X also would a mustang 5.0 ho factory cam be a good swap to increase hp and tq q without moving up the powerband too high ? also I saw on jets website that they offer underdrive pullies for the 5.0 x for $125.00 thought some might be interested thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cam. lobe lift.... In. 0.2637
Ex. 0.2801 there are a lot more specs. Any good auto manual will have them under engine specifications. As for the mustang cam I can not say. But don't make the mistake of over camming the engine. Too much lift, duration and split overlap without upgrading the intake, exhaust,timing and other things opens up a hole can of worms, not mention loss of low end torque

There are no underdrive pullies for the explorer. The crank pulley / damper / DIS exciter are all one piece. You cannot "swap out" the crank pulley.

Must be a mistake. It is possible to have an underdrive pulley, but you would have to cut the stock pulley off of the crank damper. Not something I would advise for the meager power gain pulleys give you. Plus, you could disturb the balance if not cut off precisely. The stock pulley is cast right into the hub of the damper and then the DIS ring is presses on the back side.

They're just listing the 5.0 Stang pullies. Probably a 5.0 fawk up.

Back