• Register Today It's free!

Camber Adjustment Kit???

justwufn

Reaction score
City, State
Ayden, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT 4X4
I have a stock 96 4X4 with 89K miles on it and I am experiencing an unusual wear pattern on inside of front passenger tire. I took the truck to an alignment shop thinking I should have the alignment checked. The mechanic told me that I had a camber problem and I needed to go to Ford and get a kit for left and right side to allow him to adjust the camber. He said it would take about an hour per side to put on kit parts, and labor would cost about $100/side.

Is it true that I need a kit to adjust the camber, or is this guy just blowing smoke up a place that is rather private in nature to me? Also, if I do need a kit does $200 bucks sound legit?

Johnny

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure on the price, but yes, you do need to have camber eccentrics installed in order to properly align the front end.

mr boyle.. the new ones use eccentrics? i thought they used something else..... i know the 91-94s use the eccentrics... but not sure about the 95+

They aren't the same thing. The '95 up uses a set of cams (eccentrics) that go on the bolts that hold the upper controll arm in
56005.jpg
(the four peices on the right of the picture).
These are used to move the upper controll arm in and out in order to correct caster and camber.

where can I get this kit?

:bounce:

Originally posted by arturogof
where can I get this kit?

:bounce:

That does look like a quality kit.
Inquiring minds want to know. :D

Lou.

Here is another thread of someone looking for the same type of thing..

Dead Link Removed

I posted 2 links for the camber (front) adjstment parts.. As far as I know the company (where the links go) only sell to dealers, but you might find someone to sell them to you (or maybe they will sell to you)..

The company that makes the part is http://www.specprod.com/

~Mark

Back